Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks,

Just a few days ago, I traded in my 2011 BMW 335 for a CPO 2016 CR-V EX-L. Why? you might ask... Wife and I just had a 2nd child last Sept so the 335 is bit tight. :) Anyways, my CR-V only had 21,600 miles on it and in great condition. I'm planning on doing the following to it:

• replace the Duelers with the Michelin Defenders LTX M+S tires
  • replace the halogens headlight and fog light bulbs with some LEDs
  • put in an all-weather cargo mat
  • upgrade the stock 7-speaker stereo with something else with a little more clarity and bass

But with 2 kids, budget and time is limited, so I'm thinking tires and headlights soon and the rest whenever there's time or money. :) Anyways, I'm happy to be here!

20190219_162424.jpg

Tom

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Nice ride! Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your impressions of it so far and on the mods as you do them. And have fun!

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
Great purchase and welcome to the forum. Is the V your family rig or do you have something bigger for the family?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Upgrade the tires first -- the 'shoes' keep you safely and smoothly on the planet in all sorts of weather.

Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great purchase and welcome to the forum. Is the V your family rig or do you have something bigger for the family?
Thank you! Our main family hauler is my wife's 2014 Sienna. So the V is mine to drive with the kids whenever she's not available. We bought the Sienna new and has recently paid it off. It has around 68k miles on it. I want her to trade it in for an Odyssey bc I think it handles better, but she's pretty attached to the Sienna.

Upgrade the tires first -- the 'shoes' keep you safely and smoothly on the planet in all sorts of weather.

Welcome aboard!
That's a good idea! I just ordered a set of Michelin Defender LTX M/S from Costco. They're running a $70 instant rebate on Michelins right now. The Duelers that's on right now is still pretty new so I'll probably list them for sale for a couple hundred bucks.

I also started looking at LED bulbs and it's pretty overwhelming...

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
Sounds like a plan! We're going to want details on the audio upgrade. Your wife is right - the Sienna is way better. Better interior and reliability and stereo and … Sounds like she just got it broken in good anyway. Odysseys are notorious for issues with transmissions, sliding doors, and recently engines too. That comes from friends of mine who have them, as well as my mechanic. I learned it all when I was considering one before I got the CR-V.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.