Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Did Honda buy the site? I'm getting several thank you's for a post yesterday and today it is closed. I look closer and it appears any number of threads concerning the oil/heat issues suddenly have been closed over night. Why?

·
Banned
353 Posts
I look closer and it appears any number of threads concerning the oil/heat issues suddenly have been closed over night. Why?
In order to censor facts/information/discussion that doesn't cast an explicitly favorable light on Honda.

These are the same internet control practices used by North Korea, Iran, Cuba, ect.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Irrelevant and abusive rants get threads closed. Review the last two pages of the closed threads and decide for yourself if you wanted to continue to have to sift through that to find useful information.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got my answer. Please see my recommendation in the new Master OD Thread. I think it solves many problems but the mods would have to ask for club members input to set it up in an organized manner.

·
Banned
353 Posts
Irrelevant and abusive rants get threads closed. Review the last two pages of the closed threads and decide for yourself if you wanted to continue to have to sift through that to find useful information.
You are completely wrong. It has nothing to do with "irrelevant and abusive rants."

It is solely about censorship.

Here are Kim Jong Un's, I mean the moderators, own words...
"Due to the volume of complaints about the volume of "OD" threads, a decision has been made to only allow one thread for all discussion about this issue as some say or alleged issue as others say. Existing threads will be closed you can put your comments here. Any new threads opened will be closed or consolidated into this thread."

·
Registered
460 Posts
Did you read the last two pages of all the locked threads (maybe all in one sitting)? I did this morning. Although I was disappointed in the decision to lock the threads, there was very little information considering how many new posts were added late yesterday, mostly just "irrelevant and abusive rants".

·
Banned
353 Posts
Did you read the last two pages of all the locked threads (maybe all in one sitting)? I did this morning. Although I was disappointed in the decision to lock the threads, there was very little information considering how many new posts were added late yesterday, mostly just "irrelevant and abusive rants".
What are you not getting?

I gave you the exact quote from the moderators explaining why they were closed.

Those threads were NOT shut down because of your perception that they were irrelevant or abusive.

They were shut down because the censors felt there were too many threads that reflected negatively on Honda.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Here are Kim Jong Un's, I mean the moderators, own words...[/I]
What are you not getting?
They were shut down because the censors felt there were too many threads that reflected negatively on Honda.
I think you are unknowingly proving my point :)

The locking of OD threads has ebbed and flowed over the last year. the one thing I saw in common was locking when the useful information stopped and the rants began. One month from now, if a helpful, informative post on OD dilution is used to start a new thread, it will likely be allowed to proceed, until it takes a turn for the worse... That's what has happened numerous times in the last 6 months. For evidence, review the first post in the sticky "10/30/2018 update: Possible gas in oil 1.5 Turbo." above.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.