Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
New member here with recently aquired 2013 CRV. Looking on Facebook Marketplace for an extra set of alloy wheels to mount a dedicated snow tire set. 17 or 16 inch will do, and the five bolt pattern across the model range I would think, is probably the same. If I come across a good deal on Odyssey, Accord wheels or even prior generation CRV, does anyone know if the offset would be the same to make them compatible with the CRV?
Thanks,
Stephen

·
Super Moderator
2007 Accord EX 2020 CR-V Hybrid EX
3,714 Posts
Welcome to the forum.
You didn't mention if you have AWD. If you do, you'll want to have all your wheels the same size.
I mention this because you said "17 or 16 inch will do".
Technically you could use different size wheels if the OD of the tires was identical, but I wouldn't do it.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
16" does not fit, 17 and up only, avoid wider than 8" rims. Any wheel with a 5 x 114.3 mm bolt pattern and a center bore of 64.1 mm will do. Offset should ideally fall somewhere between 35 - 50 mm.

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
11,797 Posts
Reactions: JB in AZ

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
16 Posts
16" does not fit, 17 and up only, avoid wider than 8" rims. Any wheel with a 5 x 114.3 mm bolt pattern and a center bore of 64.1 mm will do. Offset should ideally fall somewhere between 35 - 50 mm.
Can the OEM 2015 Accord wheel fit and clear the rear brakes?
Size is 18x8 ET55.

Would ideal tire size be 235/55/18 or 235/60/18?
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
164 Posts
Can the OEM 2015 Accord wheel fit and clear the rear brakes?
Size is 18x8 ET55.

Would ideal tire size be 235/55/18 or 235/60/18?
View attachment 150726
Thanks in advance!
I'd bet they would fit no issues re the brake clearance, as there's very little difference in size / offset from the oem wheels, and the fitment isn't so tight there isn't a little leeway.

A few other notes; the offset is 55, the oem is 50. That means the wheels will be a bit less than a 1/4 inch farther in (not out). That's not really a big deal and it's hardly noticeable from looks or driving (my 2016 has that difference in it's wheels also). It is something to be aware of nonetheless.

If you check this website called Tire Size, and put in the values of possible tire size comparisons, you'll see that the size that would best match up with the oem size would be 225x60x18. The speedo error would be so negligible u wouldn't need to be calculating the diff at all, ever (a reading of 90 mph would be an actual of 90.3).

I also have 8" width wheels and the 225's fit it perfectly. It's an ideal match, the tires are neither pinched nor stretched. But be aware, the ride will be somewhat harsher. Better handling of course, but you give up some of the ability to soak up harsh roads when you lessen the profile, and the wider rims keeps the tires from flexing as much also.

On the plus side, handling is sublime and appearance is greatly improved :)

cheers

·
Registered
2012 Honda CR-V Touring AWD
16 Posts
Thanks for the input on the tire size - you're right on the money for 225/60/18.

For the offset though, would it be recommended that I run some 10 or 15mm spacers to clear suspension components, etc? And also, look a tad more aggressive :)

·
Registered
2014 CRV EX-L
164 Posts
Thanks for the input on the tire size - you're right on the money for 225/60/18.

For the offset though, would it be recommended that I run some 10 or 15mm spacers to clear suspension components, etc? And also, look a tad more aggressive :)
In a word, No. Hehehe, sorry for the bluntness :) The largest spacer you might consider would be 5mm, but even that puts the lug nuts so far out that it's very close to being considered unsafe. Also, places like discount tire won't put a spacer on your vehicle, if you drive it in with them on, they'll keep them there, but they won't put them on.

Some think, oh okay, I'll just get longer studs. And that would kind of work, except they don't realize to put longer studs on a crv you have to pretty much take the entire axle out, there's not enough room to fit a stud in from the back.

Glad u got the good tires size, I'd just live with it, yer better off :)

cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts