Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2015 CRV Touring came with wheel locks it seems. However i am not sure where the key for these locks are since the dealer never mentioned it to me. Can anyone please clarify if their Vs came with wheel locks and if they got the key from their dealer? Should i ask my dealer for it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lot's of dealers install these so they can charge you an extra $100. You do not have to take them. Look in the spare tire well - you will likely find the key plus the original 4 lug nuts that were taken off.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Mine was in a little black cloth bag in the glove box. In the bag were also the 4 removed lug nuts. Also you should have received a card with ordering info for additional keys when you lose the original.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, i found them in a small pouch near spare tire as well. I didn't even know i had wheel locks until last week. Negotiated the price without any accessories so i will consider them a gift from dealer. Overall my dealer was a pleasure to deal with anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've never had these before but my car came with the lock nuts and the splash guards without me paying extra. Of course, i'm sure they were somehow included in the price somewhere or they're just so cheap that they didn't bother with charging me for them.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Mine had the Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, and Cargo Tray for $361 in addition to the vehicle price. We had a very good price but I told them I did not want the cargo tray, they could take it out. I did not want the wheel Locks at all, take them off. They finally took $300 off and left everything on the car. The cargo tray is ok but cheap. The Splash Guards of OKM but I will be taking the wheel locks off soon.
- My daughter bought a used Civic years ago and there was no wheel lock key in the car. She had a flat so I took her to the dealer and he asked what color the car was. Green. OK, here is the key. Apparently they differ by the color of the car. Since everybody keeps them in the glove box where the dealer put them, the thieves (if they haven't already amassed a set of keys) will simply smash the window and tear the glove box open.
I may sell my wheel locks when I take them off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts