Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently taken delivery of a new 2017 CR-V EX-L and I am shopping for steel wheels and winter tires. The dealership has offered 17 inch Honda steel wheels and a higher profile winter tire (235/65r17 vs the standard 235/60r18), but the Honda wheels are priced twice as much as aftermarket steel wheels. Can anyone confirm the offset of the 2017 CR-V OEM wheels? Wheel-size dot com mentions a positive offset of 45 mm but I have found conflicting information elsewhere.

Cheers!
Martin

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
I've seen threads saying the offset is 45mm and some say the offset is 40mm. Either way, the difference between the 40mm and 45mm is only 1/5". The lower the + offset number, the tire is moved further out from the car.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have recently taken delivery of a new 2017 CR-V EX-L and I am shopping for steel wheels and winter tires. The dealership has offered 17 inch Honda steel wheels and a higher profile winter tire (235/65r17 vs the standard 235/60r18), but the Honda wheels are priced twice as much as aftermarket steel wheels. Can anyone confirm the offset of the 2017 CR-V OEM wheels? Wheel-size dot com mentions a positive offset of 45 mm but I have found conflicting information elsewhere.

Cheers!
Martin

The stock rim offset is +45
I took off my LX rim today to change to Winters

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
If you are at the tire tore and tell them you ant a wheel for your 2017 CV-R, the will get the proper one for your car. Offset and wheel diameter and width.
You can get 17 inch wheels and tires but they must compensate for the tire and wheel diameter difference. Again, your local tire store will have all the information.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Mathematically, the 235/60/18 and 235/65/17 are identical in diameter.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts