Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took in my 2002 CRV a week ago (December 20, 2013), and I was told that every 3 years or 30,000 miles that these services should be done:
•Brake Flush
•Power Steering Flush
•Coolant Flush
•Transmission Service
•Differential Service
•Cabin Filter replacement
•Air Filter replacement

The last time these were done was with the same mechanic at 102,000 miles and it's now at 138,000 miles
Which of these take most priority and when specifically—at what time interval— is it best recommended that these be done?

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I'd do the brake flush and power steering flush based on time, not mileage.
The coolant should be every two years I believe, but check the bottle of the replacement fluid, it's been a while since I've had to change coolant in any of my cars.
Trans and diff service should be 30k miles.
Cabin filter - depends on your location and how dirty the air is. When we had fires here a couple years ago I replaced mine within six months of doing it for the first time in years in my old '02 Accord.
Air filter is also based on how much driving and under what conditions. Once a year might be too often, or could be not often enough, it all depends on the conditions you drive in/under.
Got an Owner's Manual for your car? Look at the maintenance recommendations in it to see what the factory recommends.

And as for priorities, I'd put the trans at the top followed by the diff service, coolant, brake fluid, air filter and cabin filter.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.