Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Honda dealer wants $38 for 2 quarts and 2 washers. Does anyone have a place online to suggest? How long will this fluid last on my shelf? TIA

·
Registered
252 Posts
That's crazy! I'll have to look at my receipt, but I just purchased the same from my dealer in VT and I don't think it was much more than $18 with tax. The fluid goes for around $8.50 from online dealers (plus shipping). Amazon Prime has it for $10.50 shipped.

edit - Not sure on the exact shelf life, but I bet it's longer than your change interval. I don't know why they don't package these use-specific fluids with the exact amount needed plus some small "spillage buffer". Now I have about 1/2 qt sitting on the shelf.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,745 Posts
That IS a rip-off. I've used 5 yr old DP (could have been the old DP-I stuff), given to me by an acquaintance that moved on to a Pilot. No issues.

The online dealers are better in price but shipping is expensive due to the weight of fluids. Fortunately, Bernardi Honda in MA has free shipping for another day or two, and decent prices, if you want to stock up. GRIN

Their current price (11/2015) is $8.31 a quart.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,745 Posts
I don't know why they don't package these use-specific fluids with the exact amount needed plus some small "spillage buffer". Now I have a half quart sitting on the shelf.
^^^ I hope you have it in the bottle, LOL.

Honda-specific fluids are expensive enough without model specific packaging. GRIN

Besides, your "spillage buffer" might be different from mine (I'm a KLUTZ).

Not only that, older Vs take 1.1qt. Newer ones take 1.3 qt. Who knows how much a Crosstour needs (it's a bigger vehicle).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I get it for 6 bucks a bottle. and 89 cents per washer. 38 bucks is overkill
Can you please tell me where you buy them from!

I called bernardi and they are $12.50 at the dealer. I will look online. He did say free shipping ended tonight for $150 orders.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I SAID you had to stock up! LOL
:eek: Bernardi sells a 20mm washer for .54 cents along with the fluid. Does 20mm seem like the right size? Are the drain and fill both the same?

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does anyone want to confirm that a 20mm washer is correct?(bernardi listed a 20mm with the fluid) Is it the same washer for drain and fill?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts