Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Just got to the dealer and buy them at the parts department. OEM fluids are definitely the way to go.

·
Registered
252 Posts
At the very least, you should check your local dealer out - they may be competitive. My dealer gives a 15% discount for parts & accessories if you purchased your vehicle from them. That makes them the best price, especially factoring shipping costs. I do agree that with the exception of motor oil (which is generic), I prefer to use genuine Honda fluids that I know will work and protect properly (and avoid any warrantee issues while new).

·
Registered
252 Posts
So the dealer sales for same price as Amazon?
In my case, dealer was less than Amazon. I was quite surprised to discover that.

However, each dealer sets their own price. I recall a thread recently where a dealer from Boston was asking absolutely crazy money for rear diff fluid.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I use this:
HandAaccessories.com
I usually bulk buy to make the shipping cost more effective.

Like other suggested, you should check out local dealer first. My sucks. They charge the highest price possible. Another dealer thats 60 miles away from me has better deal but too far and out of way for me to drive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I buy from the dealer. I would have to buy a lot of fluids for it to be worth it to buy online with the added cost of shipping.

There's four honda dealers within a 40 mile radius of me. But i called all four of them and each of them had different prices. So make sure to call them beforehand because they DO NOT all charge the same prices. Something as simple as the ATF-DW1 transmission fluid (that i use in my 2006 Honda Accord) was almost a $2 difference per quart between two dealers.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
What was the cheapest cost of the DW-1 at a dealer?
You can buy a case (12 qts) of DW-1 online with free shipping for just under $100.
If you can buy it from the Dealer for around $8/qt including tax, then it is a great deal.
Overall Honda fluids are an excellent quality product, esp since they went from their Z-1 to DW-1.
Z-1 sucked compared to aftermarket synthetic compatible atf's.
Would I buy their engine oil or windshield washer fluid or brake fluid, NO!! (unless they were cheaper)
Happy New Year's Eve!!!
And have a fun-filled New Year!!

Buffalo4

·
Registered
136 Posts
What was the cheapest cost of the DW-1 at a dealer?
You can buy a case (12 qts) of DW-1 online with free shipping for just under $100.
If you can buy it from the Dealer for around $8/qt including tax, then it is a great deal.
Overall Honda fluids are an excellent quality product, esp since they went from their Z-1 to DW-1.
Z-1 sucked compared to aftermarket synthetic compatible atf's.
Would I buy their engine oil or windshield washer fluid or brake fluid, NO!! (unless they were cheaper)
Happy New Year's Eve!!!
And have a fun-filled New Year!!

Buffalo4
I get my DW-1 for $7.47 per quart. I just went to the dealer a few days ago to buy 7 quarts for $55.43 with taxes. At that rate, a case of 12 would cost me $95.02 with taxes.

·
Registered
436 Posts
As you may know, Acura fluids are same as Honda but are labeled as Acura. Thus, their DW-1, VTM-4, Coolant, work just fine and are often less expensive than the same branded as Honda. We normally buy in bulk, dozens of boxes, with free shipping. If you know of other Honda or Acura owners, create a single large group buy for your workplace, gym, etc and you can often negotiate a better price. Bernardi just ran a special with free shipping on orders. Local dealers will often match an online price, especially if volume is more than a box of 12. Won't hurt to ask.

·
Registered
776 Posts
My closest dealer is about 30 miles away and where I would normally not drive so Amazon has been great for me. If you tailor your purchases carefully, you can easily avoid s & h charges !! They just started charging WI sales tax of 5% so I might have to rethink it. Craig

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
About a week ago I gave someone a link to an ebay sale that was for 12qts of DW-1 for $88.00 with free shipping.
It is not there anymore. :D
So yes, it is important to look ahead and check for deals online and at the Dealers.
Buffalo4

·
Registered
220 Posts
Doing my math, i prefer to buy them online compared to my local dealer.

But in order to even the prices or even lower pricing i try to buy various products which i will need soon or later to the shipping charges compensates the final prices

IN CONCLUSION, The price on line are cheaper, with the shipments it cost more, but as you order more products, you will get better pricing at the end

·
Registered
3 Posts
Like many others I have found prices on Amazon to be higher than the dealer for most Honda fluids. I typically call my dealer ahead of time if I need any parts to go with my fluids to make sure everything is in stock. Once when I called and ordered a bunch of parts and fluids for my V and my mother's Accord they offered up wholesale pricing. I have asked if they mind doing that every time since and have never been turned down. It amounts to about 30% off MSRP IIRC.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts