Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I recently installed a Pioneer navigation system in my 2009 CR-V.
Everything is OK except for some features that are disabled (Bluetooth connection, firmware update, etc).
According to the Pioneer support department, the reason for having these features disabled is not having one of the cables from the radio harness connected to the parking brake switch.

Does anybody know where the parking brake switch is located.

Regards

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
It is a switch located at the top of the parking brake mechanism--it should have one or two wires sticking out of it (I forget which).

I originally had the wire tucked into the harness by removing the connector, then folding the bare strands of wire over the terminal and reattaching the connector to hold it in place. That way, when you depress the parking brake, it activates all of those missing features on the radio.

I lived with that for about two months before it drove me batty. Instead, go to Amazon (or elsewhere) and find the "micro bypass switch" that will make the radio think the parking brake is pressed all the time. (Need to make sure that it works on your model of Pioneer--mine is the AVH-4200NEX.)

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00VKQ6ECQ/

It connects with three wires--one goes to the parking brake wire (light green, I think?), and I forget where the other two went (probably ground and +12 volts).

What really bothered me is that a couple of the adjustments I want to make while driving are not available if the car is moving. Plus, it really messed with Android Auto, to where I couldn't search or do anything while the car was moving. They don't seem to realize (especially on long trips) that a passenger could be operating the radio, not the driver. The main thing they want to avoid aside from operator distraction is a driver watching movies or video on it while the car is moving.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts