Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would love to download an owner's manual to read on my Kindle, or even just to keep handy on the computer. Does anyone know where to find one?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I got it directly from the Honda Owner Link web site.

downunder47 which one is for 2010? Thanks
If you haven't signed up it is worth doing. It is accessible from anywhere for you to get your radio code and other useful things like you can enter your service information. I'm hoping someday they will enter it automatically from the dealer's computers?

When signing up have your VIN handy. And if you don't want to bother with that the links to the manuals are below.

Honda Owner Link: https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp?page=/prod_home.asp

Once registered, click on My CR-V. It will display your VIN, Trim, Colors, and Radio Code.

In the left sidebar, click on Owner's Manual. At the top of this page there are links to View of download - the Navigation Manual and the Owners Manual.

The Search Function in Acrobat makes finding things in these huge manuals really convenient.

2010 Owner's Manual: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/WA1010/WA1010OM.pdf

2010 Navigation Manual: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/WA1010/WA1010NV.pdf

·
Registered
67 Posts
downunder47, have a question on my cr-v, lately I been noticing my v's everytime I stopped I noticed the downshifting in the transmission from 30mph below before the vehilce stop all the way. Is this normal? and I can tell on the rpm was going up and down.thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Feeling downshifts durng normal stopping?

downunder47, have a question on my cr-v, lately I been noticing my v's everytime I stopped I noticed the downshifting in the transmission from 30mph below before the vehilce stop all the way. Is this normal? and I can tell on the rpm was going up and down.thanks
I never noticed such behavior until now. I just went for a drive paying close attention to the shifting and tack operation. I cannot feel anything; however, I do see the tack increase a few hundred rpm at times that would make sense for it to be downshifting.

A suggestion is to 1st, check the fluid level in the transmission. Page 361 of the Owner's Manual tells how.

Get it here: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/OM/WA1010/WA1010OM.pdf

And if it is low be sure to use only Honda Z1 fluid.

2nd take it to your dealer and let them drive. If they don't observe it, take them with you so you can make it do it with them in the car.

It sounds like something is not quite right.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Yes.

Thanks downunder47, I will take it to the dealer..Are you talking about when you going to stop you see the tack increases? going down right away?
It jumps from about 1,000 rpm to 1,200 to 1,300, then returns slowly to about 1,000. But I feel nothing when this happens. It is very smooth after getting the software upgrade.

It sound to me as though the fluid might be low or it doesn't have the software upgrade?

·
Registered
67 Posts
downunder47, I did my upgrade last january this year, It took me like almost an hour after they finish the upgrade. Don't know if they really upgrade it or not, but I notice the difference right away on my way home. I think the best thing I need to do is test drive another CR-V from the dealer when I take mine for check and compare it. Do you think this occurence is cause by a software upgrade? I hope not?

What is your speed when the RPM doing that?thanks

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I failed to notice what speed the rpm changed.

downunder47, I did my upgrade last january this year, It took me like almost an hour after they finish the upgrade. Don't know if they really upgrade it or not, but I notice the difference right away on my way home. I think the best thing I need to do is test drive another CR-V from the dealer when I take mine for check and compare it. Do you think this occurence is cause by a software upgrade? I hope not?

What is your speed when the RPM doing that?thanks
But it sounds like yours is doing what mine ant others do except you can feel it shift and we cannot? I'd say if you cannot feel it, it is just doing as it should.

But if it is such a rough shift that you feel it there might be a problem.

Sorry for not being of much help.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts