Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am planning my 2007’s timing chain replacement. I have been told by other gearheads that I should get the chain, guides, etc. from the dealership to ensure quality parts. I have also been told Honda doesn’t make timing chain parts, they buy them from the same manufacturer as other car part outlets. I want quality timing chain parts, but not the dealership surcharge.

What recommendations are out there?

·
Registered
3,975 Posts
Why are you changing the timing chain??
Hopefully you will get other replies about quality timing chain parts, beside OEM. Still, Honda Timing Chains and Tensioner etc may well be the best.
Hell, some even believe that Honda Motor Oil is the ONLY oil to use for best engine life, etc. :eek:
Buffalo4

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
I'll put it this way on the quality issue - if you can get a Cloyes True Roller Set, pay the premium price and do it. Otherwise, I would not trust any other brand that is not Honda OEM. Also, get a matched set with gears and chain, etc. Never replace just one part, that's a recipe for disaster.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts