Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honda says they are manufacturing the CR-V at three different factories. Just wondering if Honda is producing any trim level at any factory or if LX models are at one factory while EX models are at another, and EX-L & Touring are at a third factory. Possibly there is rhyme or reason to which models are produced where, maybe not.

From Honda's press release:
Combining an American exterior design proposal with a Japan-led interior design, the 2017 Honda CR-V was designed and developed by Honda R&D Co., Ltd. in Japan. The new CR-V will be produced at three plants in North America – in East Liberty, Ohio; Alliston, Ontario, Canada; and, for the first time, in Greensburg Indiana. Engines for the new CR-V will be manufactured in Anna, Ohio and in Alliston, Ontario, while the CVT will be produced by Honda in Russells Point, Ohio.

So if you look at your window sticker, please post:

Model (LX, EX, EX-L,Touring) + (2WD or AWD) :
Exterior/Interior Color:
Final Assembly Plant:

See table below of the tally:

Attachments

·
Registered
549 Posts
Model: 2017 Touring AWD
Color: White
Final Assembly: Alliston, Ontario Canada

They really built it GREAT! Quiet nothing wrong with it - Paint job is great, Very Very Quiet inside and gears run smoothly..

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
You forgot to post yours. I'll post mine later this week when I finally get my car.
Mine hasn't been built yet, production keeps getting delayed.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Not sure, on one hand, they may be checking build quality very closely. On the other hand, they may not know what quality issues they need to be looking for.

Also, I updated my first post to ask people to add 2WD or AWD, and I doubt interior or exterior color has anything to do with where it's produced.

I added a table in my first post showing the tally so far.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts