Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
That is the name of the brighter of the two reds in the Build Your Own on the Honda site.

Try a Google Image Search for "Basque Red Pearl II CRV" and "Copper Sunset Pearl CRV" to see the differences between the two reds. I think it is a bit more orange and not quite as "bright" in person than it is in your picture.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am the proud owner of the copper sunset. It is much darker than that picture. It is a gorgeous color!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am the proud owner of the copper sunset. It is much darker than that picture. It is a gorgeous color!

The other pictures i've seen online look much darker, I was really hoping in person that it looks more like the one in the attached picture....

You're happy with your copper sunset though? I hope I like it...

Could you post a pic of yours? I haven't really seen any others on this site... I like the idea of having a harder to get color haha.

·
Registered
197 Posts
That picture is of a 2012-14 (from the chrome difference on the back) and Copper Sunset was only introduced (in the US at least) in 2015.

I've a Copper Sunset, and really its appearance depends entirely upon the lighting: overcast days it's a dull almost-brown, in the sunshine it's a beautiful subdued orange. It's the color in those stock video shots of the 2015 moving along winding roads that you see in a few video reviews. MrJones' photos in this thread show one in both direct light and shade and are a good reproduction.

Between the paint and the drive+eco vs sport, I feel I bought quite a few different cars for the price of one. While I'd've preferred it to be a bit brighter, I'd get this color again.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The thread above nails it. I think you will love the color and the car. ! It stands out but certainly isn't a screaming orange.
Enjoy, I hope you get it soon.

·
Registered
35 Posts
A more common name for "copper sunset pearl" is "orange." That's how my local dealer lists those cars on their website. It's a very nice color, not a bright muscle-car orange. I almost bought one until I saw an urban titanium metallic right beside it and decided on that one instead.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A more common name for "copper sunset pearl" is "orange." That's how my local dealer lists those cars on their website. It's a very nice color, not a bright muscle-car orange. I almost bought one until I saw an urban titanium metallic right beside it and decided on that one instead.
Funny i don't think that urban titanium metallic is available in canada i don't see it on the webpage. Originally I wanted the Kona Coffee Metallic but they were unsure when they would get another one of those in so I went with the copper sunset.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts