Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just researching which is the better choice the Crv 1.6 IDTEC or the 2.2 IDTEC.The older model 2010 year seems on the face to be a more robust engine and car...but I am unsure if thats the case..whats your opinion:cool:

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Th bigger the motor the better. More ummmmph!

·
Premium Member
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As a new member to the CRV owners club ,I must admit for the amount of hits on my post the support and feedback has been poor��

·
Registered
633 Posts
most of the forum members are from the USA I would guess.....And if one doesnt know, its probably best they don't post and mislead you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
just do what i'd do. make a list of the possible pro's and con's of either engine. which ever one comes out on top and fits your needs the best ought to be the winner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Mayby not about 1.6 vs 2.2 diesel but some thoughts about diesel vs petrol. I don't know how much horse powers 2010 diesels have, but second generation CRV 2.2 140 KM is known as good engine, more suitable to CRV then 2.0 european petrol 150 KM engine.

Diesel engine will use about 20% less fuel and have much better power in lower torques. However is suitable for longer then a few miles trips. Long warm up time (so economy is comparable to petrol engine), DPF filters don't like short trips too.

Another question is how much money you will throw at much more costly and complicated diesel parts (some parts could break even at 125 thousands miles) vs 250 thousands miles petrol engine with minimum costs. It's not so easy choise.

I bought mine 2005 with 125 thousands miles at clock and choosed petrol. First I do not drive much, second I drive mostly at city, third Honda petrol engine should last longer then a car chassis itself.

·
Registered
750 Posts
I agree. Get the most horsepowers you can. The cost in fuel consumption increase may be below 10% (i.e., not very much difference !)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts