Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a CRV but undecided on which engine.

The 1.5 Turbo looks good but I will be doing road trips.
Will it stand up to highway miles.

I have always thought bigger ( at least a 2.0l)is better but that maybe old school thinking today.

Looking for feedback from owners who have run the 1.5 Turbo for a while.

Thanks

rgilf

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have a 2017 CRV ex 2017...whereas the motor performs at highway speeds with normal loading. Yet there have been many cases of that motor having issues with gas in the oil and not coming up to temp in cold weather.

·
Registered
996 Posts
Welcome aboard!

I live in the mountains in Montana and last winter was our coldest in about 20 years...

Our 1.5 L lump worked just fine and since I changed to Mobil 1 there is little to no oil dilution.

No issues with cold weather.

I think you need to figure out if you want a vehicle with CarPlay/Android Audio and other 'benefits' that the LX with the natural aspirated engine lacks.

Let us know what you purchase!

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,554 Posts
Rumor has it by the way that with the 2020 CRV... all trim levels will get the 1.5T engine.

I can believe this rumor as it would be consistent with Honda's moves on other models in their lineup.

Same goes for making HondaSensing standard on all trim levels as well beginning with the 2020 CRV.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts