Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2015 crv exl. I'm looking for an all season tire. I drive approximately 9000 miles a year, 90% of it local. Micheline has a m&s model and a t&h model. I don't know what the difference is between them. If anyone knows what the difference is please tell me. If you have other tire recommendations, I'd appreciate hearing them.

·
Registered
2013 CRV EX FWD
2,920 Posts
I have Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max on my 2013 CRV EX and they have been perfect. I just had them rotated a couple weekends ago and the store manager asked what I've been doing since I have 20k miles on them and they haven't even worn 10%.

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,670 Posts
I think the M/S means mud/snow, and the T+H means traction/handling. I only buy Michelins. I'd get the T+H ones, they are the highest rated and have an 80k mileage warranty.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
I put the T+H's on my wife's '13 EX a few weeks ago. Love 'em. Only driven them in dry conditions but so far they have worked well.
I think the main difference between the two you listed are the tread patterns. I noted that the T+H's had a very closed shoulder pattern which is why they are so quiet, IMO. I was looking for quiet vs anything else. I'm sure they'll do fine in wet conditions too as they have nice grooves in the middle to clear the water out. I don't think they'd do very well in snow, but it's been years (literally decades) since I drove in snow so can't really say.

·
Registered
13 Posts
While I still have the new, original tires on my 18 CRV, I have run Michelin Defender Tires on ALL my RAM trucks (1500's and 2500's) and usually get between 75K and 85K per set. They are great in rain and snow and I would buy nothing else. Note that CostCo carries them and while the store people say the Defender is no longer available, they can be ordered at the CostCo web site and sent to the store.

Best tires I have had for the past 20 years.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I put MICHELIN DEFENDER LTX 225/65R17 102H on my 2012 EXL AWD. I have run various LTX on my trucks, and other AWD cars for 20 years and every one has been great in the snow and summer. Good life, quiet, traction, snow and ice performance is the best I've found.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Hi, j8j and Fsmith246. Are you still happy with your Michelin choice? I live in New York, so I need all-season tires that have good traction in rain and snow and would prefer tires that are also quiet. Willing to pay for quality.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,184 Posts
i have a 2015 crv exl. I'm looking for an all season tire. I drive approximately 9000 miles a year, 90% of it local. Micheline has a m&s model and a t&h model. I don't know what the difference is between them. If anyone knows what the difference is please tell me. If you have other tire recommendations, I'd appreciate hearing them.
The T&H is a for vehicles which spend there time on pavement. They have a less aggressive tread block design than the M&S and LTX light truck tires. If you drive down south with little snow than the T+H will be the quieter tire. If you drive in snow than the M+S would be better. If you do a little light off roading or snow the LTX would also be a good choice but they tend to be a bit noisier and harsher due to their stiffer side walls.

·
Registered
2,558 Posts
Happy to report that our T&H's are still doing a great job. Would highly recommend them for our type of climate.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts