Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,056 Posts

LOL on a normal car this would be maybe a $1000 - $2000 job.
With Bugatti they will most likely have to fly it back to the factory where they will replace the fender and the bumper. Let me guess, maybe $100,000 worth of damage.
Her insurance company must be having a heart attack.o_O

·
Super Moderator
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
7,511 Posts

LOL on a normal car this would be maybe a $1000 - $2000 job.
With Bugatti they will most likely have to fly it back to the factory where they will replace the fender and the bumper. Let me guess, maybe $100,000 worth of damage.
Her insurance company must be having a heart attack.o_O
LOL.. yeah.. I sure hope the Honda owner had good insurance with high limits on liability.

In many cases you can get by with lower liability limits, but here in California there are so many high end cars on the road I go for the highest liability coverages my insurance offers + I have an umbrella policy for our household just in case. I used to have it thinking if you have it, you won't need it. Then my wife ended up in a 4 car pile up on the freeway last year and she was at the back of the pack and therefore faulted for rear ending even though the person two cars in front of her did a complete nutty and panic stopped on the middle of the freeway. It happened to be 4 Hondas involved.... so we had plenty of headroom in liability... but it could have just as easy been a Tesla-S, a Porsche, and a high end BMW in front of her.

·
Registered
248 Posts
In the State of CA, law only requires liability of $15K/$30K/$5K minimum limits.....with that $5K being the minimum needed for property damage to another vehicle/property. Hopefully that driver wasn't trying to save a buck and only bought the minimum :D

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
oh the resale value just dropped

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.