Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yep so Honda sends a recall out called Whining noise in engine.. so what does one know about this, is that mo important the the other recalls. 2 years and not sure if I can hear it.

·
Registered
2017 EX-L AWD
121 Posts
I can't tell if this is a fishy humor troll or not.
I got one that says "Whirling Noise from Engine" [service bulletin 19-037].
Much of the whining comes from this forum, not the engine.
Time to break out the reading glasses?

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
4,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that may been the Recall and well like a motor cycle you want to hear them not be Stealth.

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,882 Posts
Yes that may been the Recall and well like a motor cycle you want to hear them not be Stealth.
It's not a recall.. it's an owner advisory. The advisory disloses an extension of the power train warranty for all owners because there have been some instances of CRVs suffereing error conditions associated with misfires, fuel too rich, or damaged/defective cams (they even provide the specific OBDII codes to be alert for. For those owners whose CRV exhibits any of the listed problems.. there is a TSB to address it, and they simply need to take their advisory letter along with their CRV to the nearest dealer for warranty service.

Note: It is actually the damaged/defective cams that are the cause of the "whirring noise". In some ways.. this is a bad choice of terms by Honda... because different people perceive different noises from their CRVs.. so Honda will likely incur some false positives reported by owners which will cause frustration for both dealers and owners. Honda provides a comparative sound file to dealers of exactly what the "whirring noise" sounds like as part of the relevant TSB.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts