Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2017 CRV and when the window is down it has a whistling noise that sound just like an air issue or something. Sound is definetley NOT inside and with window up cannot really notice Cannot really tell if it is coming from motor or not. Does not make the noise when sitting still/idling, so makes me think it is aero related. I do have a hood deflector, maybe that is issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,
hkpga

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
how bout when you cruise foot off the gas , does it happen (knowing the turbo kicks in it wherls....)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, when I let off it is still there, but the slower I go the lower it gets. I think it is aero, going to take hood deflector off and see if that is it.
Actually this was fixed today at dealership. They replaced the aluminum cover that covers the oil pan. They drove, replaced and no noise. Put old back on, drove and made the noise. Put new on and no noise. The one they put on seems to actually fit better.

·
Registered
2017 CRV EX-L FWD
359 Posts
Actually this was fixed today at dealership. They replaced the aluminum cover that covers the oil pan. They drove, replaced and no noise. Put old back on, drove and made the noise. Put new on and no noise. The one they put on seems to actually fit better.
I'm impressed with your dealership! ?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts