Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m very excited to pick up my WDP 2018 EX-L on Saturday. Turning in my Modern Steel Civic (have loved the Modern Steel) but was so drawn to the WDP for my CRV. I think it is very classy. I also liked Sandstorm but did not have the shine or metallic look as the WDP. I’ve never had a white car and my question is; how good or bad is It showing or not showing dirt?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
Sandstorm would probably be best at "not showing" dirt with white being a very close second. Black would be the worst at showing dirt but then nothing shines like a polished/clean black car. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

·
Registered
2018 CRV Touring Sandstorm Metallic
48 Posts
I have the Sandstorm CR v and the White Diamond Pearl Pilot. I like them both, but if you do any touchup on the WDP, it is a two step process, and it will never match. The diamond pearl part of the touchup shows as a different shade. This is the touchup paint from the dealer, and the first set I bought i thought the paint was defective, went back, got a new set. Same thing. You will always see any touchup spots on it. The Sandstorm i havent had to do any touchup yet, but the color is fantastic in the sun.Enjoy your ride.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ah, great choice in colors for both the Civic and the CR-V! In my experience, the Modern Steel tends to show a little more debris from the road like leaves deposits, pollen, etc. while the White Diamond Pearl tends to look a lot cleaner a lot longer given the same environment. You’re gonna like it either way, as you’re right when you say this particular white looks classy on it. Doesn’t make it look like a “commercial” car like I think white tends to do on other vehicles.

I actually really liked the White Diamond Pearl after I bought my CR-V, but I tend to prefer the darker color of my Gunmetal Metallic after I clean it and wax it (just a spray wax, I’m lazy).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
730 Posts
In my experience, our WDP does a great job of not showing much dirt. However, I highly recommend putting a ceramic coat on the paint. The ceramic coatings to an amazing job of repelling dirt and making the paint very easy to wash, dirt just has a harder time of sticking or building up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
In my experience, our WDP does a great job of not showing much dirt. However, I highly recommend putting a ceramic coat on the paint. The ceramic coatings to an amazing job of repelling dirt and making the paint very easy to wash, dirt just has a harder time of sticking or building up.
The dealer wants to sell me the sealant with 5 yr. warranty for $399. Not sure if the process they use is worth it.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Love our White Diamond Pearl CR-V. Unless you drive on fresh road oil it does not show the dirt like the darker colors will do. Save your money regards to the $399 sealant from the dealer. Just pick out a Meguiars product and use it. I always hand wash using Meguiars soap, mitt & bucket, and rinse with cold water car wash. Meguiars Ultimate Detail spray/wipe lasts a long time, water really beads on the paint, and has a nice shine. Best of all it is easy to use. Congrats on your new '18; you're going to love it more each day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts