Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can any body tell me what the white circular symbol is for on the top right corner of the instument panel on our 2014 1.6 diesel model, the symbol looks like a Speedo or tachometer with white dots at the bottom?? This has just appeared on our instument panel and I would like to know how to get rid of it. I have attached an image of the symbol from the owners manual. Many thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
895 Posts
Are you sure that "just appeared", or you just noticed it? Not trying to be a wise a**. That symbol is usually painted onto the cluster near the knob that is sticking out for odometer/dimmer adjustments. Can't tell very much from your picture, but I would guess that knob is to the right of that symbol. Or at least it should be.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Your instrumentation may be different from ours in the non-diesel world, but that could be a cruise control icon. Perhaps you activated it inadvertently?

·
Registered
895 Posts
Not a cruise icon. They have an arrow pointing towards the top of the gauge. That is the symbol for the select/reset button on the cluster that controls the little screen in the middle of the cluster. BigD was close with the oil life reset procedure. But it doesn't refer to anything to do with the oil life other than resetting the message on the screen. The symbol may or may not be illuminated when you turn your lights on. Most that I have seen are not. But the ones on newer cars may very well be. Here is a page from the owners manual telling you about the Information Display and that knob.
owners man.jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think BDub is correct. That symbol should be near a knob, push it to see different trip odometers, regular odometer, etc., and rotate to dim dash lights.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts