Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade the bulbs of my CRV to whiter halogen bulbs? I have heard about Philips CrystalVisions — anyone use these bulbs? How are they? Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
446 Posts

·
Registered
2016 CRV EX-L AWD
344 Posts
If you go with all the major brand performance halogen bulbs, you'll likely be changing bulbs once a year. I tried many of them +100/+130/+150 in my previous CRV and civic.
Philips/Silvania/Osram/PIAA/GE...they all lasted about one year or so. Even if it were still working after 1 year, they form dark spots on the glass. I stopped using them, but did upgrade my fog light to LED, which made a big difference. I made a post a while back with pics for the LED light by Tinsin R4.
https://www.crvownersclub.com/forums/98-2012-2016-official-specs-features-etc-gen-4/162138-new-led-fog-light-bulb-installed-wirh-pics.html

Heres a review of some halogen bulbs.
https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/accessories-tyres/76760/best-car-headlight-bulbs-2018-group-test

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm running OSRAM Night Breaker Unlimited. Probably only going to get a year out of them, but well worth it vs nailing a bambi. Am installing the new OSRAM Night Breaker Laser on the Ody next week. If they are a big improvement, will be putting them on the CR-V too. The bambi that hit the Ody with wife driving cost $4500 in damage and labor! To many running around and we do a good bit of night driving on back roads. I don't mind shelling out for good lighting!

·
Registered
283 Posts
I had been running the now defunct Osram 64205 "off road" H4 in my daughter's 2013 for nearly 3 years, but she killed one of them in a minor accident the other night. Candlepower used to import them from Europe, but they are no longer available. They offered a huge improvement in illumination when new, but as they aged they developed a nasty black pimple hot spot that distorted the glass and darkened the interior. I think the light output diminished a fair amount, so they were ready for retirement anyhow.

I just ordered a set of Philips "RacingVision" +150 H4 Headlight Bulbs (Twin) 12342RVS2 Xtreme Vision from Amazon. Hype or reality? We'll soon know....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts