Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do! Honda never finished my paint job back in '99, so I had it done last week. Did the door moldings and my original black grille trim too.

I'm so happy with how she turned out. Every time I walk up to my car now, I find myself smiling uncontrollably. The unpainted bumpers have bugged me from day-one; it just makes the V look so incomplete to me. And the paint really does show off the beauty in the CR-V's body. Highly recommended mod to all owners of non-SE models.

Anyway, here's the finished pics! But first, check out the naked CR-V I was driving while everything was getting painted... :p

·
Registered
65 Posts
OUTSTANDING!!!!

I have felt that you had one of the best looking "V"'s on the site ever since I got here...now it's even better....definately needs to be a "featured" ride!!

Those black steelies and BFG's are way too cool !!!!:cool: :cool:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are your bumpers textured at all? I looked in to that on my 03 but the paint shop said that it would have a rough texture, yours look very smooth.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words, guys. I've worked hard to get her how she is, and there's still so much to do! :)

Are your bumpers textured at all? I looked in to that on my 03 but the paint shop said that it would have a rough texture, yours look very smooth.
You can almost see the texture if you look close enough in certain areas (the door moldings show it more than the bumpers), but it can't be felt anymore.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Heck yea, and normally I don't like trucks that are lifted, but yours looks freakin aggressive as what!!! I also want to repaint my CRV and the bumpers, but I don't want them half painted like the 2000's. I will paint mine completely (both halves)

Hey Justin I've been meaning to ask you... Do your tires make that "howling" noise when you drive? Hehehe...

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,076 Posts
I am thinking about lifting my 98. What size tires do you have. How did you lift it exactly, and what did the parts cost. Mine is lowered at least 3 inchs now, but I need to be able to go on the beach in the obx, so that wont work.

Do you also have some better shots of the skid plate from under the car?

Also can ANYONE get the fender flares anymore? Even used?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Awesome

I thought I had posted feedback on your mods OSX2000 but maybe it was wishful thinking. I share the sentiment of one of the other members. Your Vee is one of the best on the site. GREAT job all round and aggressive and slick at the same time! Kudos to all the hard work, passion and duckets you had to put into the project (even though it never ends :) )

I am smiling at your pics right now, so I know how you feel. The night shots really bring out the gleam and now I feel like taking a night ride just to get out in mine and play my music loud!

Thanks for sharing, and happy motoring Cat

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Looks nice! I'm not a big fan of jacking V's but you seem to have pulled it off visually. Not so sure stability wise. Did you change the track to compensate for the increased height?

I also noted that the rocker trim is not installed. I have an '08 so am not familiar with the Gen 1 and 2 and if there is even some.

Did the black on the lower part of the bumper get painted? If so with what kind of paint?

The Silver V with a completely painted bumper looks nice too. If you like sedans. I think the shape and curves of the black bumper trim completes the theme.

Eventually I will probably end up painting the black part of the '08 bumper black. I read it gets dull fast. I'm fairly certain Honda does not do it to save on cost. Two tone bumpers are much more expensive to paint although a clear coat on the entire bumper would have done the job.

Is that a rear SS exhaust system? What kind and how well did it fit?

Just my opinions

-RG

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
WOW! Thats One custom Gen 3. Never seen anything like that!
New development? Dam, Even the concrete looks clean!

Still having problems down there with water from the looks of the lawn.
Looks like you can wash your car but not water the Lawn.
I think we set a record for rain around here in '08; top 2 or 3 years with the most rain in the past 100 years.

Dark Blue goes great with the Black Wheels I think.
That reminds me I have to sell a set of black wheels of my dark blue Camry this spring.

Is that the same urethane basecoat/clear coat you would use on the sheet metal? Any additive or adhesion promoter necessary on the plastic parts?

Any plans on painting the wipers and antenna? :D

-RG

·
Registered
427 Posts
Haha, we built the house about a year and a half ago, so yes, it's pretty new. The lawn is Bermuda, it goes dormant in the winter and turns brown. It will turn green again in a month or two. You can't wash your car in your driveway here, but you can go to a DIY one. There's a 24 hr one nearby that I can hand wash the car at. I go late at night so no one has to wait on me.

Same BC/CC that's on the sheet metal is on the plastic cladding. Prep is the only difference. The plastic was sanded and the primer that was used had an additional adhesion promoter and flex agent, I think. Next time I talk to my buddy at the body shop that did the work, I'll ask him.

I'm leaving the wipers and antenna black. The exterior is pretty much done, the only thing I still want to do is get the Honda Tailgate spoiler.

·
Registered
84 Posts
SWEET Gen 3

Pretty nice Marky Mark. Authentic and edgy. Lovin it. I can see how a rear wing (hatch) spoiler will really add a touch. Possibly a bug flector too. Dude, nice smoked out effect all through. Kudos!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts