Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2018 EX-L
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious....I have a 2018 EX-L with 15,000 kms on it and have experienced no serious oil dilution or other problems so far. It's a great car and will likely become a "keeper". My concern is the design of the engine. I would like to know from the forum who has decided to add an oil catch can to their CRV and how it has worked out. Thanks for any replies.
Neil

·
Registered
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
4,918 Posts
To add to what UMRdyldo shared... which is true... Civic owners.. a crowd that loves to tinker with and add things to their vehicles.. have gone the catch-can route early in the life of the 1.5T engine.. and found it a waste of effort and dollars. Most Civic owners who tried it.. found maybe a teaspoon or two of fluid in it at oil change time.

You can verify my statements on the Civic forums. Of course there are a few die hards that keep the catch-cans in place anyway. :)

·
Super Moderator
1997, 2002, 2017 my expertese lies there
5,018 Posts
like 7 up.

·
Registered
17 CRV EXL AWD, 14 CRV EXL AWD
2,184 Posts
Just curious....I have a 2018 EX-L with 15,000 kms on it and have experienced no serious oil dilution or other problems so far. It's a great car and will likely become a "keeper". My concern is the design of the engine. I would like to know from the forum who has decided to add an oil catch can to their CRV and how it has worked out. Thanks for any replies.
Neil
If your curious about the oil / air separator in the CRV, its the same as the Civic 1.5 turbo. Here is a write up on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts