Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the time setup for inactivity? I can sign in and read or search through threads, try to ask a question or PM and
go to hit "submit" and everything gets deleted because my time was up and it kicked me off unbeknownst to me...

HIGHLY FRUSTRATING!

E

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
That's very odd. How are you accessing the forum? Pc/Mac/mobile. What browser are you using?

·
Registered
655 Posts
This site is the buggyst site I visit.
I run a late version iPhone with the latest software, and it’s never more than 3 minutes that I don’t get ads jostling the screen up down till it errors an I get a page has to be reloaded due to error. When it reloads I’m no longer signed in, but the site says I am. Stopped writing long posts cause it usually crashes before I’m done

·
Registered
655 Posts
What's the time setup for inactivity? I can sign in and read or search through threads, try to ask a question or PM and
go to hit "submit" and everything gets deleted because my time was up and it kicked me off unbeknownst to me...

HIGHLY FRUSTRATING!

E
You’ll learn like me to not waste your time writing a long post only to have it all lost when it logs you off. I keep my posts under a paragraph size. Helps keep your sanity

·
Everything in Moderation
2006 CR-V EX, 5MT
12,186 Posts
@Coldhonda and @rockosocko

If you want I could send a PM to AdminSupport. (Or you could do it if you want direct contact, in case the Admins want more info similar to what @rocky mentioned in Post 2.)

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
I've gone over to Tapatalk on my iPhone. Always logged in and never logged out!

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
While you guys are busy struggling to read and interact with a website designed for computer use, on a phone with a microscopic screen and a heavily limited browser, I am here on my high end gaming machine with Windows 10 and Edge browser, having an ultra smooth experience and viewing it all on my 30-inch monitor.

So, y'all keep on struggling, and I'll keep on smiling … and typing, and easily staying logged in, and having fun, and ...

·
Registered
655 Posts
While you guys are busy struggling to read and interact with a website designed for computer use, on a phone with a microscopic screen and a heavily limited browser, I am here on my high end gaming machine with Windows 10 and Edge browser, having an ultra smooth experience and viewing it all on my 30-inch monitor.

So, y'all keep on struggling, and I'll keep on smiling … and typing, and easily staying logged in, and having fun, and ...
.....Says the poster who thinks direct injection is a new technology, and never a reliable turbo engine made...
Split personality, eh?

·
Registered
'07 CR-V EX-L AWD
4,662 Posts
.....Says the poster who thinks direct injection is a new technology, and never a reliable turbo engine made...
Split personality, eh?

I have always been an early adopter of things THAT WORK! Not so much on things that are as yet unproven, like direct injection (of the type that is proving to be problematic right now). I know direct injection is not new, but the iteration being produced currently is, and the results so far, as far as I can see, are proving disastrous. And I've been driving big trucks with turbos for 40 years, so it's highly likely O know more about them than you, enough to be smart enough to avoid them in cars. They work great in diesel applications, but are a long way from that level of development in car engines. I can see how you might think that of me, though. I stay current on many things, but I do kind of lean more towards old school on vehicles these days. But it's not because everything about newer models is bad, it's because they have enough ongoing issues to, in my opinion, warrant that outlook. I don't like having my options limited by carmakers who try to force us to be guinea pigs for their experiments, a lot of which are obvious failures at this point. Yet they invariably supersede proven reliable engines and transmissions with highly questionable crap that is not proving to be worth owning. I also do not want to be forced to accept all the tech gimmickry, which is equally problematic. For instance, right now I would not buy a CR-V later than an '09, or most other Honda products in the last five years. Way too many issues, which are not being dealt with well at all. While it may be true that there are lots of happy owners in those groups, there are way too many unhappy ones for comfort. Not to single out Honda, all carmakers' products are horrible at this point, and getting worse. I am just not interested in having to deal with the drama and hassle of all that. I certainly do not intend insult to anyone - everyone has the right to their choices and their reasons for them. But I think I made a wiser decision with my '07 than anyone who has bought new, just as I much prefer my old F250 to what is out there now. I've been getting better results with the sweet spot than the shiny for several years now, and the proof is in the pudding. My vehicles are paid for, they cost me less, the TCO is going to be less, and the hassle too. They may have issues when I get them, but that won't last long, and once I get them up to snuff I will put them up against anything you got. You have your way, I have mine. Mine works better for me, and I can prove it. Peace out.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
4,072 Posts
Guys: Don't take this thread off topic.
Let's allow the Admins help the OP.

·
Registered
37 Posts
This site is the buggyst site I visit.
I run a late version iPhone with the latest software, and it’s never more than 3 minutes that I don’t get ads jostling the screen up down till it errors an I get a page has to be reloaded due to error. When it reloads I’m no longer signed in, but the site says I am. Stopped writing long posts cause it usually crashes before I’m done
Yep one reason I am not in here to often...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts