Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like Honda should've updated the infotainment system this year to match the new one on the Accord and Odyssey. The one on the CRV and Civic looks super outdated compared to the Accord and Odyssey. Do you think that Honda will update the infotainment system for 2019, or wait until they do another refresh? Also, is it possible to update the software in the head unit to the new one that the Accord and Odyssey run on? It's just a tablet after all.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Imo I like the CRV better than the Accord. I don't like the buttons on the Accord. The CRV with the volume knob only looks so much cleaner.

·
Registered
2016 CRV Touring AWD
3,577 Posts
The tech interfaces are constantly changing. It’s hard to keep up. Honda has updated the Pilot already. Showing that they can change without a MMC.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the newer infotainment system has the new hondalink which gives you controls through your smartphone. You can remote start, lock, unlock, locate your vehicle and more through the app. Really makes me wonder why Honda decided not to bring this to the CRV.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Why doesn't the '18 have the Accord's system? Changes like that are pretty involved, and are pretty uncommon a single year into a model run. Integrating the new software and hardware into the existing vehicle is not a trivial exercise. I expect the infotainment will get updated in the mid-cycle refresh.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts