Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother doesn't have to reset the TPMS on his Acura. He just put's the winter tires on, and the car just accepts the new sensors. Why do we have to reset the sensor every time we switch tires?

·
Registered
601 Posts
My brother doesn't have to reset the TPMS on his Acura. He just put's the winter tires on, and the car just accepts the new sensors. Why do we have to reset the sensor every time we switch tires?
Because the CR-V uses a primitive less expensive system than the more advanced and more expensive system in the Acura.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully that changes for the next gen CRV considering the CRV is not an incredibly cheap vehicle up here in Canada. You're probably walking out the door on an 2010-11 EX-L around $32k-$35K. Average car in Canada cost around $25K. Thank goodness for the ATEQ reset tool.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Because the CR-V uses a primitive less expensive system than the more advanced and more expensive system in the Acura.
for my V, which has an even more primitive and less expensive system (none), i don't have to reset anything in the car. that's because w/ my vehicle the monitoring of tire pressure is entirely the responsibility of the driver, me, every time i drive it. <grin>

·
Registered
129 Posts
I swapped the original Continental 4x4 Contact tires for Michelin Latitude Tours, and did not have to reset the TPMS. But, maybe that is because I am using the same rims, with the same TPMS sensors. Maybe that is the difference.

Are your winter rims and non-winter rims using different types or brands of sensors?

·
Registered
148 Posts
Using different rims with new sensors usually require resetting the TPMS via dealer or reset tool, ATEQ TPM Quickset

·
Registered
601 Posts
Is this true for ALL Hondas?
Some models will self reset. As the models go through redesign I would think every Honda will upgrade the TPMS. The 2012 CR-V will probably get the system that self resets. We will see for sure if so once they are out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts