Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this youtube video, Russian market got the LED fog lights, HUD (head up display), heated steering wheel, parking sensor on the touring...
Canadian market got the pano roof, heated steering wheel/rear seats....WHY honda WHY not in the U.S?????? WHY!!??

·
Registered
57 Posts
The 1.5 Turbo Engine seems absent from this version though. Pano roof also absent, and it has LaneWatch instead of the more useful system found in the Touring (and in most other CUVs on the NA market)

More gadgets, older engine. It's just aimed at different buyers, with different expectations and at different price points.

·
Registered
190 Posts
On the steering wheel control where the cruise is I always wondered why it was so awkwardly positioned...now I see, for their HUD control. Maybe I'm a bit OCD, but I've always hated those empty spaces where options are left off. But, that is true of any car so not a hit on Honda. I'm hoping we will get some of those options given to other markets when they do the mid refresh or next gen. When I trade in will probably be decided by that :)

·
Registered
679 Posts
If this is a Touring, then they are also lacking Honda Sensing and the rear exhaust tips. Of all of that I only care for the heated steering wheel and rear heated seats, maybe the led fogs, maybe. The HUD display is a gimmick unless it would reflect things on the windshield instead of a pop up glass. I hate stuff that pops up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
agree!!! and i know my wife would love the heated steering wheel and the Pano roof which is so much better than this small moonroof

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
agree!!! and i know my wife would love the heated steering wheel and the Pano roof which is so much better than this small moonroof
Believe it or not there are many of us who have zero desire to have that Panoramic roof on our cars. I can count on one hand without using all my fingers how many times I opened the moonroof on my 2012. I think I only opened once or twice just to see if it would actually work. Sun glare, wind noise and turbulence, all together unpleasant.

As for HUD...car makers like GM played with that stuff back in the 1980's and it just never took off. Gimmick stuff.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I would also love the pano for the airiness it creates. As for the heated steering wheel, you can get this at your dealer. It is the actual factory heated wheel, not some heating element wrap they add. We had one installed and my wife absolutely loves it. Cost us about $400 installed after discount, so not exactly cheap, but worth it for us.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Only feature I would have liked to see on My Canadian Touring is Led Fog Lights- stock ones look so out of sync with Led head lights.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I use my moonroof almost every day, in fact today in northwest NJ was 28-30 degrees on my drive to work. After driving my Accord for 10 minutes I popped open the monnroof for remaining 30 minute drive... love the fresh air even w/heat on. Plus a Pano roof would provide a great open feeling. Probably why one of our vehicles is a Convertible.. ha-ha. and if I wanted quiet on the road I'd buy a Lexus

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Why didn't we get "X"? I imagine each country gets to pick and choose what goes in which trimline. And keep in mind that all of those features have costs, and different markets have different price-points and financial targets they need to meet. It's not "cheap" for one country to decline a feature nor generous for another to include it.

(That said... $1k for Nav in the US? Seriously? They should recognize that buyers know the cost involved in minimal and either include it on every car with the correct hardware or offer it as a software upgrade for a couple hundred; the EX and EX-L have a functioning GPS antenna, and even use it to set the clock in the dash.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Canada has pano roof and rear heated seats for their touring model. and it is actually cheaper when you do the conversion to USD lol.

No excuse for Honda not to just give it to the USA except waiting for the next year or 2 so it can convince people to buy the latest year instead of the previous for a discount.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Canada has pano roof and rear heated seats for their touring model. and it is actually cheaper when you do the conversion to USD lol.

No excuse for Honda not to just give it to the USA except waiting for the next year or 2 so it can convince people to buy the latest year instead of the previous for a discount.
I think Honda has a preference of selling older models first. I'm sure the motivation isn't what you're describing. The motivation is, can we increase our margins and shareholder value.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Only feature I would have liked to see on My Canadian Touring is Led Fog Lights- stock ones look so out of sync with Led head lights.
I agree! the USDM CR-V Touring should have come with them as well. Two questions; 1: Would these fit the US/Canadian bumper + electrical fitting? And 2: If so, where can we buy them?!? :)

·
Registered
231 Posts
The panoramic roof was an absolute must for me on the car as I love all the light, especially during our long overcast Canadian winters. I would never buy a car without it (actually I did and suffered for a couple decades with it).

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
It is very rare for anyone to ride in my back seat. Heat back there would be a waste of money for me. Also, my car lives in a garage that never gets cold, even in the winter. Heated steering wheel? Naw, another wasted option...for me. We are all different in what we want and "need" in a car. Aren't we lucky to have all the choices we do? Some of us who are older remember the time when a car company like Chevy made one sized car. You had three trim levels and that was it. One basic size to fit all and a limited amount of options.

You don't have to buy a Honda. You have so many good choices, go find the car that fits your needs. With Honda here in the US there is the Acura option. Why would Honda put too much stuff on a CR-V if they were going to sale up "upscale" Acura RDX at a higher price? Actually we looked at the RDX but my wife asked a very simple question..."Why?". The CR-V gave far more for the money and she liked its looks better. Its all a matter of personal tastes. If you don't like what the CR-V has for the price...go buy something else!

BTW, you see where Toyoda took the same route as Honda. They no longer off the Rav with a V-6 as they use to. Now if you want that car with a V-6 you have to go "upscale" and get the "Lexus" version. Its the same basic car just with upscale fitments to get the price up. After all, car companies stay in business by operating at a profit. Oh, just like everyone else!

·
Registered
219 Posts
The panoramic roof was an absolute must for me on the car as I love all the light, especially during our long overcast Canadian winters. I would never buy a car without it (actually I did and suffered for a couple decades with it).
Different strokes...
Not so great in Southern California with 90-100+° summer months. My Audi's pano sunroof keeps the A/C working overtime.

·
Registered
95 Posts
It is very rare for anyone to ride in my back seat. Heat back there would be a waste of money for me. Also, my car lives in a garage that never gets cold, even in the winter. Heated steering wheel? Naw, another wasted option...for me. We are all different in what we want and "need" in a car. Aren't we lucky to have all the choices we do? Some of us who are older remember the time when a car company like Chevy made one sized car. You had three trim levels and that was it. One basic size to fit all and a limited amount of options.

You don't have to buy a Honda. You have so many good choices, go find the car that fits your needs. With Honda here in the US there is the Acura option. Why would Honda put too much stuff on a CR-V if they were going to sale up "upscale" Acura RDX at a higher price? Actually we looked at the RDX but my wife asked a very simple question..."Why?". The CR-V gave far more for the money and she liked its looks better. Its all a matter of personal tastes. If you don't like what the CR-V has for the price...go buy something else!

BTW, you see where Toyoda took the same route as Honda. They no longer off the Rav with a V-6 as they use to. Now if you want that car with a V-6 you have to go "upscale" and get the "Lexus" version. Its the same basic car just with upscale fitments to get the price up. After all, car companies stay in business by operating at a profit. Oh, just like everyone else!

i think most who buy top of the line or high trim models is to get all those features. and for it to be omitted when its clearly included for the same if not cheaper price to our neighbors up north is why some of us are disgruntled by it.

also its a matter of these things should almost be standard at this price point, this type of car, and this moment in time with advancing technologies. the age ol "waste of money i dont need that" sometimes cant be used because as you see again, just north of us in the USA, canada gets it. or other competitors include it for the same price.

its why many complain about the cx5 because of the lack of features. it has no android auto, no apple car play. no remote start, heck it didnt even have a power lift gate until the upcoming 17 model. and those cx5 owners will say the same "waste of money dont need it", but bet you wouldnt be complaining if it came with it standard .

·
Registered
337 Posts
Here is a guess in the wind maybe the reason they dont sell it like that in the USA is because they know they sell a ton over here compare to other markets and they need some features for future crv to keep it competitive here. Its probably comes down to cost and how they can maximize profit.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Perhaps they wanted to use the smaller Canadian market as a test market for these additional features before they rolled them out world-wide. In any event, these features are very well suited to our climate.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts