Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

21 - 40 of 149 Posts

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
Drop the vehicle off. Dealer drives you to your work. Dealer picks you up after work. Hand you the keys and on your way.

Sitting at the dealership is for unemployed people.
So your dealer option and timeframe doesn't include driving to dealer, riding to work from dealer, getting ride back from work and driving home? Is all of that free time for you?

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
LOl yes I did and i solved my problem , and you have to act out for people of failure and sucess Lol.

Now want to talk about time. The dealer is 10 minute from me. the start to end is 3 hours back handing keys over to whoever.
Now for a DIY I got 2hr 30 to kill. and that is dropping off the oils to a gas station that accepts recycles ,or drop off at the scheduled drop. but by the time you pick this thread to death I be already on my next change Lol.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
I used to do a lot of DIY work on my vehicles.

Now crawling around on cement under a car is not how I want to spend my time.

Sent from my LG-H700 using Tapatalk
Obviously you are not drinking enough beer, if you were you wouldn't care where you were crawling.😅 Just look at Fishy's videos, you think he cares where he's crawling?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Sitting on butt at dealership watching Judge Judy is better?
For sure. No lingering effects from laying on cold hard cement three days later.

My dealership has free water and donuts in the customer waiting room.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Drop the vehicle off. Dealer drives you to your work. Dealer picks you up after work. Hand you the keys and on your way.

I'm so sorry you still have to work.
However I do appreciate you funding that Social Security deposit I get each month.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Some people have the mistaken assumption that the dealership somehow does basic maintenance better than DIY. My dealersip overfilled the oil on my first visit (free). Experts, eh?

Some people would rather change their own oil at home perhaps with their son, than spend an extra (half) hour at work away from home.

Some simply enjoy working on their own cars and being mechanically confident with their equipment.

Some people can't work one extra hour, so DIY and saving $50 is worthwhile.

Some men know that some women find it sexy as hell that their man does car repairs. :cool:

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Oh man if you watched my rated R oil change. Lol be like rated G here. DIY. There are people that are restricted to rules. a good reason why DIY is out of their question. That I respect. something we learned over the years at Hondasuv. I remember off camera doing a oil change, need the car. hurry. 2 minutes later, Here you go. at a shop, GOOD LUCK!

·
Registered
3,071 Posts
This may be the most hilarious thread, so far, this year. I’m wondering what the dealership thinks of the blankie, presuming they raise the hood, which they should while the vehicle is there.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
For sure. No lingering effects from laying on cold hard cement three days later.

My dealership has free water and donuts in the customer waiting room.

This dude keeps calling concrete or asphalt, "cement". Can we ban him?

·
Registered
160 Posts
I work from home, closest dealer is one hour away.

I’ve had poor results when trusting fluids to be done correctly at the dealer.

I have all the needed tools, and decades of experience doing it.

Changing several fluids at one time can turn into a hefty bill at the dealer or quicky lube.

At a minimum I’m into it for 3 hours to have someone else do it, and that’s if they get right on it. It could be much longer.

I like to know the condition of everything under the hood, so a little hands on inspection is a good thing.

I fully understand why some people would have a shop do it though.

·
Registered
2,143 Posts

^^ yep.

Around here.. the dealer just calls up a Lyft for you, on their dime. They have done away with their courtesy vans and driver. Anywhere within 15 miles... no charge.

The dealer I purchased my CRV from, while I do not typically use them for service because I have a good dealer closer for service work, they also have overnight drop off and Lyft home They run a second shift in the service department and will do your vehicle service overnight while you are at home asleep. Then you go back and pick it up in the morning and off you go on your day.

The only time I would wait at the dealer is if I will be going elsewhere afterwards and it is just a normal oil service.. which they are pretty quick to do if you have a booked appointment.

·
Registered
183 Posts
^^ yep.

Around here.. the dealer just calls up a Lyft for you, on their dime. They have done away with their courtesy vans and driver. Anywhere within 15 miles... no charge.

The dealer I purchased my CRV from, while I do not typically use them for service because I have a good dealer closer for service work, they also have overnight drop off and Lyft home They run a second shift in the service department and will do your vehicle service overnight while you are at home asleep. Then you go back and pick it up in the morning and off you go on your day.

The only time I would wait at the dealer is if I will be going elsewhere afterwards and it is just a normal oil service.. which they are pretty quick to do if you have a booked appointment.
No way any dealer in Los Angeles would do that for their clients! Here, you're on your own unless they have their own shuttle service which is something I have not seen from Honda. When my wife's '08 Civic's block cracked at 92K miles, they did pay for a rental though because they had to keep her car for two days. But I think that was Honda shelling out the rental cost, not the dealership.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Your way sounds like a huge pain in the ass. You asked the question of why people do simple car maintenance themselves. We gave you several answers. Then you start arguing and trying to convince us that we are dumb because we want to save time and money and the hassle of having to go to the dealership to beg them for a ride to and from work.

In your eyes, people who work on their own things are dumb, even though they might be able to do it better, faster, and cheaper. Yeah, I guess you are the smart one here. Whatever.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
the floor can be cold, dirty, damp wet, and snow, so what is it that you got an issue with about the floor, its gives you the Chills, times I put a blanket down, most the time when I do my work I am already done by the time I get the blanket out. Yes lets Ban the person who says Ban.

I normally when doing my car, giv my Dog the blanket, not me.

So the time I spent writing this 1 minute post, I could have spent on the car, checking my fluid levels, but its Wet and rainy. so I got Coffee instead. And I dug this vid up. So enjoy how it's done 12 years ago 12 years ago .

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
So your dealer option and timeframe doesn't include driving to dealer, riding to work from dealer, getting ride back from work and driving home? Is all of that free time for you?
Let me see. My dealership is right down the road from me on my way to work so it's all in a trip to work. This would be the same argument for those who "I pick up the material on my way doing something else."

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
I'm so sorry you still have to work.
However I do appreciate you funding that Social Security deposit I get each month.
Thank you!!

You're welcome, smoocher. :) Just kidding.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Let me see. My dealership is right down the road from me on my way to work so it's all in a trip to work. This would be the same argument for those who "I pick up the material on my way doing something else."
It does sound like you found the best solution for yourself! (y)

21 - 40 of 149 Posts