Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I have never had this problem with any car I have ever had. I have an 08 CRV and anytime I get out of the car and go to shut the door, I receive a shock (the kind you would get in your house if you rub your feet on the carpet). Do you have any idea what might be causing it?

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Wow. I had that issue on mine, but I have a lot of electrical equipment. It could ahve something to do with something you touch before you leave the vehicle, or your car could have an improper ground, or the air outside is very humid or moist.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Static Electricity

Hello fellow shockers! I have this problem whenever I wear my tennis shoes. My socks + shoes = static as my feet move within my shoes and rub the socks against the semi-cloth shoe insole. Whenever I wear my shoes and boots that have a leather insole, there is no static to generate, so no shock. Try changing shoes or not wearing socks or wearing those pentium suits.

·
Registered
2,691 Posts
Static Electricity

Not a hell of lot you can do about it with dry winter weather. Slide your butt across the seat, and all us V owners are so hot that we just develope a huge electrical charge.

There is a trick though. When you get out of the car, before you put your foot on the ground, place your hand on the metal (has to be metal not plastic) part of the roof or door jam. Then put your foot on the ground. Zap right off your shoe onto the ground and you don't feel a thing. (Don't work if you have bare feet--you still feel it then.)

I lived in the Mojave Desert for 2 1/2 years and used to carry a quarter or a key in my hand when I crossed a room. Touching a light switch or faucet with your bare hand could set you right on your tushie. Touch it with the quarter, and it was painless.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I would just touch someone else first before you get out of your V their pain is your gain and it is a pretty good practical joke.

·
MECP Audio Expert
2,066 Posts
nope. I have seen ground straps that rub on the ground, that are connected to the rear frame of the car, but I dont know if it would help that. Only seen the on jdm cars.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a brand new '09 EX and have been going through the same thing. One way I avoided it was closing the door by the plastic part of the door handle. Of course next metal object I touched - zap. I'll try the foot thing that sounds good.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Sorry for reviving an old thread, but I've noticed on my '09 'V this static shock annoyance. Just wondered if there have been any other solutions or ideas to NOT get shocked when getting out of the car?

I don't wear leather soled shoes for work or play...

And it seems everyone that rides in the car with me also generates a static shock as well. Not much fun getting yelled at by passengers! :(

·
Registered
143 Posts
I don't know why this is the first time anyone has experienced this. I have owned and rode in several different cars by all manufacturers and got shocked by a lot of them. Maybe I just have too much static in me?

I always end up shutting the door either by the trim if it isn't metal or pushing on the window.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Shocked everyday

I have a 2010 CRV that I bought about 4 months ago and I have the SAME PROBLEM!!!! It was summer when I bought it, now its fall and the shocks age getting worse! I wonder what winter will be like. What can possibly be causing this? Maybe its sliding out of the seat to the pavement? Static cling? Shocked everyday. Help.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.