Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some tires asap and my brother in law has some good tires from his pilot 09 which are 245/65/17 goodyear fortera that I can have for free until I can buy new ones...will they fit

·
Registered
16 Posts
I need some tires asap and my brother in law has some good tires from his pilot 09 which are 245/65/17 goodyear fortera that I can have for free until I can buy new ones...will they fit
More info is required: model year, wheel offset, current tire size, current clearances

With the above information, this site will help you decide if it has a chance of fitting: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

·
Premium Member
3,666 Posts
More info is required: model year, wheel offset, current tire size, current clearances

With the above information, this site will help you decide if it has a chance of fitting: http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

The op has a 2009. I am going to assume stock wheels. Charts like that are good for comparing the two sizes but do not answer the question about fitting the vehicle. Some members here have used P235/65R17 without issue but I have not seen P245/65R17 used.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

The op has a 2009. I am going to assume stock wheels. Charts like that are good for comparing the two sizes but do not answer the question about fitting the vehicle. Some members here have used P235/65R17 without issue but I have not seen P245/65R17 used.
Yes ty lizzurd I did forget to mention its an 09 with stock wheels and tires but I will try on weds then if no one has ever tried.....I will boldly go where no crv owner has ever gone

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Yes ty lizzurd I did forget to mention its an 09 with stock wheels and tires but I will try on weds then if no one has ever tried.....I will boldly go where no crv owner has ever gone

·
Registered
2,000 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
As long as they clear the fenders and suspension they will be fine. You can measure the clearance with a tape measure. The 245s are not quite an inch wider and about an inch taller. If you don't have the clearances, then don't try to force them on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you every one for the replies and opinions I guess I will just have to try and see if they will clear

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
09 CRV with 245/65/17 mounted pictures

So after much speculation and alot of doubting I said im just going to try them and see if they would clear and low and behold they did...the tire guy was surprised himself

Now he first thing I noticed was it now sits a bit higher and its much better over bumps and rough roads.....now on to the pics
2013-07-03 20.18.01.jpg 2013-07-03 20.17.10.jpg 2013-07-03 20.16.24.jpg 2013-07-03 20.15.29.jpg 2013-07-03 20.19.12.jpg

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Be aware of speed traps.

Well they fit ladies and gents I'll upload some pics later on
The 245's will change the speedometer indicated speed by roughly 4 mph. My '09 with 225/65/17 was about 2 mph slow (58 actual at 60 indicated) so the 245's would have made it about 2 mph fast (62 actual at 60 indicated). Some radar speed traps give zero tolerance so 2 over will get a ticket.

Please let us know how you like the ride and handling of these tires?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
So I think I might be the only person to have done this and no1 comments
I will be going to 235 70 17 next year when mine are worn out, which will fill the wheelwell even more than what you see with yours, and yes it will affect my speedo even more so.

I did the same with my 2000 CRV when I went from a 205 70 15 to a 225 75 15 with the same results. Never affected my CRV in the 9 years afterwards.

Good for you bmejia for trying it, as it gives it a far nicer stance, and might even save your rims from bending without the thinner tires they came with.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
The 245's will change the speedometer indicated speed by roughly 4 mph. My '09 with 225/65/17 was about 2 mph slow (58 actual at 60 indicated) so the 245's would have made it about 2 mph fast (62 actual at 60 indicated). Some radar speed traps give zero tolerance so 2 over will get a ticket.

Thanks,
So far ride is great much better over bumps and rough road andhandling feels better aswell...I feel like I have more grip

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Thanks,
So far ride is great much better over bumps and rough road andhandling feels better aswell...I feel like I have more grip

1 - 20 of 26 Posts