Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my new CR-V, but I want to improve turn-in response and cornering capability a little more by adding stiffer sway bars front and rear. I did the same to my '14 Accord Sport by putting the TLX sway bars on the car and it made the handling perfect for me without compromising ride comfort. As a matter of fact, it cornered almost as flatly as my '16 WRX Premium. Does anyone know if either the RDX or Civic Si sway bars are bolt-in replacements on the CR-V? Thanks.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i was just thinking about this today at work but been lazy to take a peek under. LOL

CRV is on a civic chassis so maybe a civic one might work.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I will love to add a front sway bar to improve it a little plus adding the jdm look under the hood. Do sway bar improve handing if you only install at the front only?

·
Registered
430 Posts
I will love to add a front sway bar to improve it a little plus adding the jdm look under the hood. Do sway bar improve handing if you only install at the front only?
In general, adding only a stiffer/larger front sway bar increases understeer. While adding only a stiffer/larger rear sway bar increases oversteer.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Silly me. I thought my CR-V Touring handled pretty darn good the way I got it. I guess if I had wanted a sports car to race around in I would have gone with something different. But, everyone is different and have different expectations. I haven't looked at the parts books but I thought I had read somewhere that the Touring model in the past had an upgraded suspension system to the lower price models.
BTW, the stiffer sway bar does affect the ride quality and it limits the wheel travel difference between the two sides of the cars.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I don't plan on any suspension tuning as I am pleased with the stock setup, but I wouldn't fault anyone looking to change the setup to better suit their needs.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Front sway bar is 23mm. Rear sway bars are 13mm for the AWD, 17.7mm for FWD. On all CR-V models.

Civic Si front is 27mm, rear is 18mm

Civic is 25.5mm front, 16.5mm rear.

RDX is 21mm and 19mm, respectively.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nothing wrong with tuning something you love. Even something the size of a bus. We love these cars its the only reason i see people adding parts and not because it will improve it so much.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd like to do the same, but can't seem to find anything from the Aftermarket Industry either. With the seeming popularity of the CRV I thought someone would be offering a kit for this application.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts