Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I drive a 2004 Honda CRV and I've just been told that my two rear shock absorbers (Part # 52611-S9A-N03) need to be replaced. Unfortunately, they are not manufactured here in Thailand - which has it's own series of CRVs. My one is an import from Japan, and the Honda Service Centre has quoted $500 for each. So $1,000 for the pair. Any advice on a workaround - or a way to get the parts? Do you think i could replace them with shocks from an earlier or later CRV model or from a third party manufacturer?

thanks for the help.

MHCRV

·
Registered
101 Posts
$500 for a shock absorber. That's super expensive even for a strut. I would order the part from abroad, long before paying $1999 for rear shocks. Not even for an entire rear suspension on a 2004 CR-V.

"What should we start with?"
"An '82 Margaux."
"Is it good?"
"Good? It will make you believe in God!"

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Hi everyone,

I drive a 2004 Honda CRV and I've just been told that my two rear shock absorbers (Part # 52611-S9A-N03) need to be replaced. Unfortunately, they are not manufactured here in Thailand - which has it's own series of CRVs. My one is an import from Japan, and the Honda Service Centre has quoted $500 for each. So $1,000 for the pair. Any advice on a workaround - or a way to get the parts? Do you think i could replace them with shocks from an earlier or later CRV model or from a third party manufacturer?

thanks for the help.

MHCRV
$1k is crazy for a pair of shocks. You mention third party manufacturer, have you looked for any suppliers in your country? I wouldn't be hung up on using Honda replacements especially for a shock.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what i figured. I dont really know much about cars. Thanks for the wisdom. Can you recommend third party manufacturers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts