Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in Texas had problems with finding all their windows and moon roof open? This has happened to me twice.

Evidently it is caused by fob buttons being press by objects in ones pocket; but I can't but help wonder if there is not more to that.

I have no earthly idea as to why Honda created this supposed feature. Heck, remote start will take care of any climate control or you can open the windows after you get in the car. As far as I am concerned, this fob function puts the car at too much risk (think rain and more rain here on the gulf coast). I think that the dealership can not delete or inactivate this function??

Registered
if you don't like the function, i believe on amazon there is a fob cover to help prevent accidentially pressing buttons. there has been an earlier thread on this.

btw, i like the function. don't always want to start the car to just let out the hot air inside.

Originally Posted by robbyg Yep it got pressed by something in your pocket book.
Buy a leather case that covers the buttons. If you want to be 100$ safe get something like this, It will be a pain to open the case when you need to do something with the remote, but most of the time you never really need the remote buttons, most things can be done without pressing any buttons.

https://www.amazon.com/Buffway-Genui.../dp/B01FQCL8OS

Rob

Registered
Has anyone in Texas had problems with finding all their windows and moon roof open? This has happened to me twice.

Evidently it is caused by fob buttons being press by objects in ones pocket; but I can't but help wonder if there is not more to that.

I have no earthly idea as to why Honda created this supposed feature. Heck, remote start will take care of any climate control or you can open the windows after you get in the car. As far as I am concerned, this fob function puts the car at too much risk (think rain and more rain here on the gulf coast). I think that the dealership can not delete or inactivate this function??
During a heavy rain yesterday i went into a store, and when I returned I found the moon roof and all the windows open, and everything soaked. Same thing happened on brother's pilot. I do not think it happened by inadvertently hitting the fob button(s) manually or from other items in my pocket. Not long after buying this 2017, I found all the windows and roof open one morning. Seems l;ike I saw another thread on this issue with a lot more feedback, but unsure where it is.

Registered
I have this happen when I have something hard in my pocket with the fob. The hard item (vitamin holder in my case) pushes the buttons and causes thing to happen. I'm famous in the neighborhood for opening the rear hatch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts