Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new owner of 2015 CR V.
I just received a pair of Weather-tech window deflectors for the front windows.
There is a bump/bulge in the deflectors on the inside, bottom edge.
Should they have that?

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm a new owner of 2015 CR V.
I just received a pair of Weather-tech window deflectors for the front windows.
There is a bump/bulge in the deflectors on the inside, bottom edge.
Should they have that?
Mine have a little bulge on the front deflectors near the side mirrors.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Does it get in the way? I ordered some, too, and Weathertech shipped them last week. Coming Monday or Tuesday.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I haven't installed mine yet. I'm waiting to hear back from Weathertech about the 'bump'.
The woman I spoke with said that the deflectors for the 2015 are new to them, and she'd check with the technicians about the bump. Hmm.
Just holding them in place, it looked like it would scrap the glass.

·
Registered
381 Posts
We installed our Weathertech deflectors yesterday, which was fairly painless and easy to do.

However, we having the same issue with both vehicles with the RIGHT FRONT window. When you put the windows up, sometimes it stops when the glass meets/hits the bottom of the interior channel of the deflector. (at the end over the door handle) Sometimes it makes a click (glass hitting plastic, and passing beside) and then closes normally. I called and she said that I have it installed wrong. I removed them and re installed (both cars) today, but there's no other way to install them and I believe they are correct. I'll give them another ring Thursday, but it's possible that the right front deflectors have a slight design flaw.

Has anyone else with a 2015 had the same issue with their right front window, and weathertech deflectors?

I do like how they look. The sunroof one was very easy to install, too.

Thx

·
Registered
182 Posts
We installed our Weathertech deflectors yesterday, which was fairly painless and easy to do.

However, we having the same issue with both vehicles with the RIGHT FRONT window. When you put the windows up, sometimes it stops when the glass meets/hits the bottom of the interior channel of the deflector. (at the end over the door handle) Sometimes it makes a click (glass hitting plastic, and passing beside) and then closes normally. I called and she said that I have it installed wrong. I removed them and re installed (both cars) today, but there's no other way to install them and I believe they are correct. I'll give them another ring Thursday, but it's possible that the right front deflectors have a slight design flaw.

Has anyone else with a 2015 had the same issue with their right front window, and weathertech deflectors?

I do like how they look. The sunroof one was very easy to install, too.

Thx
Mine did the same thing. It worked fine after a few days. Just give it some time. Also I think the bump is to allow air to pass through the deflector and the mirror. I'm sure it is just part of the design. Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Installed mine today.
The Weathertech people told me that the bump is for the folding back of the mirror, which is a new feature on the CR Vs. (?)
This is my 3rd Honda, but my 1st CR V.
I noticed too that the front passenger side, over the handle, clicks into the deflector. I'll give it some time.
They look nice. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

·
Registered
381 Posts
When y'all get them installed post some pics. I'd like to see the final outcome.
Sorry it took so long, but here are a couple pics. The car often looks RED, but in fact is is Copper Sunset Pearl :) It looks orange on a bright day, but today it is dark and rainy.

The pic shows the front, rear, and sunroof vents from Weathertech.

·
Registered
381 Posts
It took about 5-10 minutes to install them in 2 cars. (8 windows) The front just snaps in, the back glues in, under the frame.

The moonroof shields were easy, too. Just 2 clips for each, that screw in and grab the outside lip.

·
Registered
203 Posts
It took about 5-10 minutes to install them in 2 cars. (8 windows) The front just snaps in, the back glues in, under the frame.

The moonroof shields were easy, too. Just 2 clips for each, that screw in and grab the outside lip.
The back glues in under the frame?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Yea it has double sided tape strips, otherwise there would be nothing preventing them from falling out. The front ones twice in, and hold themselves in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have these on my 2014 EX-L and they look great. The bump is for the function of the side mirrors. The reason I like these better than the factory ones is due to the side pillars and purchasing the chrome pillar overlays that I found on Amazon for the CR-V. It really makes the car look more "refined". If I had bought the factory deflectors I wouldn't have been able to put the chrome overlays as the factory ones overlap onto the side pillars between the front and back windows.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Oops I promised a picture of the Weathertech visors on one of my V's. Here it is. Sorry for the delay!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Look great. Do you notice if there any noise from them while driving...highway speeds?
I've had them on cars in the past, not Weathertech, and found in some cars they were a bit loud when driving on the highway.

Enjoy and thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
381 Posts
No noise that I have noticed.

We did the weathertech sunroof visor, as well. All of the above install easily.

Better pic:

·
Registered
136 Posts
They look good. What's the cost for them?

Also, i like the color of your CR-V. Looks sharp!

I kind of want to buy the running boards for my 2015.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts