Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my car windows including sun roof in my 2017 CR-V are automatically rolling down when I get out of the car. It started about a week ago. I have no idea if I did something to make this happen and I don’t know how to fix it! I’ve tried pushing the lock key on my fob, but within a minute all the windows roll down! I do hear a clicking after the car locks and it’s after this that the windows roll down. Could something be stuck. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix? Thank you.

· Registered
2,468 Posts
Was anything done before this happened? have you used the key into the key cylinder on the driver door? I believe Honda has a feature that if you hold the key in the driver key cylinder it open all of the windows including the sunroof. It could be it that the switch is malfunctioning. Check the manual for this feature.

· Registered
59 Posts
I wish it was a feature that could be disabled. When we first had our 17’ I was messing with the fob one night in the house. Went outside the next morning after it rained a good portion of the night to find the windows down and the sunroof open.

· The. Admin. Istrator.
11,288 Posts
I’ve tried pushing the lock key on my fob, but within a minute all the windows roll down!
Read your manual - thats one of the features if you press the fob - so stop doing it :)

· Registered
716 Posts
This has been a feature on Hondas from way back. You need to press the unlock button, release then press and hold again for a couple of seconds. I have never done this accidentally but I guess it is possible. You may have a defect in your fob. Try the second one and see if this one works ok.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Was anything done before this happened? have you used the key into the key cylinder on the driver door? I believe Honda has a feature that if you hold the key in the driver key cylinder it open all of the windows including the sunroof. It could be it that the switch is malfunctioning. Check the manual for this feature.
I didn’t do anything that I’m aware of. I’ll look at the owners manual.

Read your manual - thats one of the features if you press the fob - so stop doing it :)
I read the manual and I am not pressing the unlock button and then pressing it again. The car automatically locks when I walk away from car and then within a minute all the windows roll down.

This has been a feature on Hondas from way back. You need to press the unlock button, release then press and hold again for a couple of seconds. I have never done this accidentally but I guess it is possible. You may have a defect in your fob. Try the second one and see if this one works ok.

· Registered
17 CR-V LX
536 Posts
Have your battery checked, not the one in the remote, but under the bonnet.

Also, might remove the batteries from the remotes, maybe a button stuck. You can still unlock/lock and start the car I believe.

Is this intermittent or ???

This is an EX I believe; fill in the profile info if you can, under "vehicle details". thanks

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I read the manual and I am not pushing the unlock button and pushing it again. The car automatically opens when I get close and locks when I walk away. It’s within a minute the windows will roll down after I’ve gotten out of the car and walked away. The car beeps that it has locked. And it doesn’t happen every time I get out of the car. The instructions in the manual tell you how to get the windows to roll down when you’re not in the car. It does not tell you how to disable this feature. Any ideas on how to do that?

· Registered
Gen 5 CRV
1,414 Posts
I read the manual and I am not pushing the unlock button and pushing it again. The car automatically opens when I get close and locks when I walk away. It’s within a minute the windows will roll down after I’ve gotten out of the car and walked away. The car beeps that it has locked. And it doesn’t happen every time I get out of the car. The instructions in the manual tell you how to get the windows to roll down when you’re not in the car. It does not tell you how to disable this feature. Any ideas on how to do that?
Mine did this for a while, unexpectedly. I ended switching to my second FOB and pulling the battery from the other one. My conclusion is that that unlock button on the first FOB was failing or partially stuck down. It stopped happening when I switched to the other FOB.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Mine did this for a while, unexpectedly. I ended switching to my second FOB and pulling the battery from the other one. My conclusion is that that unlock button on the first FOB was failing or partially stuck down. It stopped happening when I switched to the other FOB.
I tried the other fob, and the same thing happened. Heading to Honda dealer now so I hope they have a solution.
I tried the other fob and Same thing happened. the car is making a clicking noise before the windows roll down, so I’m wondering if something in the car door is stuck. I’m heading to Honda dealer now. Hopefully they can fix it.

· Registered
17 CR-V LX
536 Posts
I will have to try and activate this feature from inside door controls when I get home.

The sequence usually goes, 1x unlock on remote, followed by another, then one more and hold, and windows roll down.

Now, could a stuck button on door cause this or faulty lock... possibly.

· Premium Member
2017 CRV Touring - Pearl White w Black Interior
9,577 Posts
I tried the other fob, and the same thing happened. Heading to Honda dealer now so I hope they have a solution.

I tried the other fob and Same thing happened. the car is making a clicking noise before the windows roll down, so I’m wondering if something in the car door is stuck. I’m heading to Honda dealer now. Hopefully they can fix it.
Might, unfortunately, be yet another failing BCM.

· Registered
44 Posts
This is one of the more insane software features on my 2018. If you press unlock for a few seconds, your windows and sunroof all open up. Never mind the priorities of security and protection from rain/snow. I have had snow in my car for this. Eventually I bought a zippered case to hold the fob so that the buttons can't be pressed accidentally in my pocket. I thought Honda was alone in putting this idiotic software feature in the car, but many others do too. So Honda was blindly following others around. Newer Hondas have a way of disabling this, but I'm not sure if the older ones can do it with a software upgrade. There's more of this fine stuff, and unfortunately it's software that spoils an otherwise excellent car.

· Registered
2 Posts
Hi this happened to me also but only once. I had changed purses that morning before going shopping. Got out of my car walked in the store when I came out all windows and sunroof were wide open. Freaked me out. Only thing I could figured that happen something in my purse pressed to hard on the fob. I now carry my key fob in a empty Tic Tac container. It fits perfectly and it never happened again. Give it a try, they sell holders for the fobs but Tic Tacs are a lot cheaper. Mary 😁

· Registered
3 Posts
All my car windows including sun roof in my 2017 CR-V are automatically rolling down when I get out of the car. It started about a week ago. I have no idea if I did something to make this happen and I don’t know how to fix it! I’ve tried pushing the lock key on my fob, but within a minute all the windows roll down! I do hear a clicking after the car locks and it’s after this that the windows roll down. Could something be stuck. Any ideas why this is happening and how to fix? Thank you.
The “hot day” feature opens all the windows and sun roof when you press and hold unlock. I wonder if your remote’s unlock button is stuck down??

· Super Moderator
2022 CRV EX FWD 2022 Chevy Colorado
3,244 Posts

What did the dealer figure out?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.