Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my front windows tinted along with a tint strip on the top of the front windshield.
When driving home the error popped up "Blind spot Info System Problem"
After a restart it works fine but then comes back.
Could the front tint strip cause this?
Its not blocking the camera at all since its cut around it from the inside.
Are the sensor in the back bumper I thought and has nothing to do with the windshield sensor?

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
blind spot uses radar on either side of the back bumper...i doubt it has anything to do with the windshield
yea thats what i read .. then this would just be a strange coincidence? wonder if there is any possible damage that could be done to any part of the sensor system during window tint that could cause this? doesnt seem likely but i never had the issue before i got the windows tinted.. strange

wonder if any wires could of been cut.. they did use a sharp blade to trim the tint pieces

·
Registered
21 Posts
Got tint yesterday and this happened. Called the dealer and they said it would go away in a day or two, it's from water getting inside the door. They were right, it's fine today.

·
Registered
6 Posts
+1 — Same thing happened to me after having 2 front windows tinted as well. As golden13 said, the warning went away after a day or two.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Ok thanks guys. That's a relief. I was going crazy with this wondering what the heck happened, lol. Will see tomorrow if its gone.
Thanks..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had this happen to me today too. If it hadn’t been for this thread, I would’ve turned around and gone back to the shop to rip the guys a new one.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wonder how this system is setup and exactly what is in the door that is sensitive to water since the blind spot sensors are located on the rear of the car.

·
Registered
605 Posts
I wonder how this system is setup and exactly what is in the door that is sensitive to water since the blind spot sensors are located on the rear of the car.
must have to do with water getting into the power mirror connector? maybe there is a diagnostic that determines if the mirror indicator is working or not (ie has a short)

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
finally got the ceramic window tinting last wkend.... had 15% added to privacy glass in rear and cargo windows. had 30% added to back seat privacy glass and had front 30% cheap film replaced w/15%. and then 15% added to front visor area.... luv it! and so happy i had the front window visor area done. realized how much i missed it since my purchase in Jan.

I have had NO blind spot senor issues at all.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just called American Honda and
accordingly, blind spot monitoring is composed of 5 sensors ; 2 sensors at the rear bumper, 2 sensors at the lower part of the mirrors and 1 in the front grill. I was advised to bring it to the dealership for cleaning and some resetting. Since it was raining when this problem appeared, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt and will clean it first before brining it the the dealership.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I thought it had something to do with the water they spray all over the window leaking down into the door and it goes away after a day rot wo once it dries.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Wow! Same thing just happened to me! And guess what,,, just had my windows tinted! Hope it goes away soon!! Glad I did a Internet search!
BTW - if I recall correctly, boooey had the whole front window tinted, not just the top tint strip.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I just did to the AS1 line And front doors. Don’t need any extra harassment from the man.
BTW , my warning went away the next day thankfully.
so did I. living in FL, I did the ceramic tinting on front trim, front sides(replaced what dealer put on), and did rear sides and back to make them w/better heat block. makes such a difference here. luv it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts