Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was planning on buying some window tint & tinting the two front windows myself but for a more uniform look I wanted to match the back window tint. Has anyone tinted before / does anyone know what the back window tint % is?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Keep in mind that if any of the glass has any level of factory tint then when you add a film it will be even darker.
Backing up in the dark with a rear window that is BLACK is a challenge as well.

Cheers
ZAZE

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
In my state (WA) the law is that the front windows can be as dark as 24%, so I think I'm good.
Had no idea where you were from, was trying to avoid hassel for you later on. Also, I gave you an idea of where to start.

If you want to know the exact darkness of the rears, have them tested by a tint shop or many officers have tint meters in their car. Ask one of them. Then you will know exactly how dark it is.

Personally, anything over 35% makes it difficult to back up at night and hinders use of the side mirrors.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I think the trim level also matters, in some cases. I think the higher trim levels may have tint where others do not.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Refer to your individual state of residence to learn what the window tinting law is. They are not all the same. Most info by states is available on the web and can be found by searching.

Enjoy the ride.

·
Registered
229 Posts
My '12 EX came with "shaded" rear windows, but they're not really tinted. I had 45% tint applied all the way around, so the fronts aren't very dark but the tint cuts the heat and UV from the sun, and the rears are now around 20-25%. Looks very nice.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When getting my tint put on the front I had them test the back to try to match it. It tested at 28%. I got 25% put on the front windows and it is pretty close. The main issue that I found with factory tints is trying to match them. The Honda factory tint is definitely more of a true grey hue than most tints you find at tint shops. Good luck hunting!

·
Registered
716 Posts
@Honda4life I've always wanted to add some tint to the top of the windshield but never knew if it was allowed. Thanks for the link.

I'm in California, so it looks like I can get 4" of tint added to the top. I'll start looking for a Los Angeles area shop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts