Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Does anyone know the factory privacy glass percentage on the CRV windows? Trying to decide if I want to add 50% or 35% on my windows

·
Registered
29 Posts
I noticed that the front windows are stamped indicating 'minimum 70% VLT', which implies that the front two windows are up to 30% tinted. Therefore I am hesitant to put tint on top of the front 2 windows, since the law here requires at least 70% VLT.

Do you happen to know if the front windows are really 30% or are they something less than that?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the 50 & 35 I was referring to speaks on the visibility from the outside in. I do see the 70% stamp on the window now and that's nothing when it comes to tint and heat protection.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I did 35% on the front and added 18% to the rear privacy glass which makes it around 5%. I had the shop do 5% on the sunroof. Just had ran across a state trooper in Bojangles this past weekend and asked him if he would double check my fronts with his meter for my own knowledge that the shop had done as I asked and made it legal. His machine read 33% which is 2% on the illegal side but he quickly told me that I would be fine with that. He said that they give you a little leeway on them.

Attachments

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did 35% on the front and added 18% to the rear privacy glass which makes it around 5%. I had the shop do 5% on the sunroof. Just had ran across a state trooper in Bojangles this past weekend and asked him if he would double check my fronts with his meter for my own knowledge that the shop had done as I asked and made it legal. His machine read 33% with is 2% on the illegal side but he quickly told me that I would be fine with that. He said that they give you a little leeway on them.
This looks great thanks!

·
Registered
264 Posts
I noticed that the front windows are stamped indicating 'minimum 70% VLT', which implies that the front two windows are up to 30% tinted. Therefore I am hesitant to put tint on top of the front 2 windows, since the law here requires at least 70% VLT.

Do you happen to know if the front windows are really 30% or are they something less than that?
Little knowledge I gather from when I was researching for tinting my car. For example. A 70% film allows around 70% of outside light to pass in. And a 20% film allows around 20% light in the vehicle. The shade gets darker as the number goes down. There is also heat rejection film available in lighter shade.
Therefore your front windows are around 70% and rear are around 20%.
VLT: Visible Light Transmitted.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've never tinted any of my cars before, what is the typical price I can expect?
I was quoted 360 for all windows except windshield for 3m color stable and I dont have a reason to tint the sunroof. I live in Ohio, it doesn't get too hot here

·
Registered
240 Posts
I just bought my CRV and the rear/back windows are tinted(no tint on driver/passenger). Anyone know what the rear/back windows tint % is? I'd like to match the front windows with the rear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
some of the tint shop says that the window is not tinted..its just a black glass :)

Any idea if I have to do tinting full vehicle or just the front window? Any suggestion which film is better?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Factory tint is 24%
1. Does 24% refer to the back glass or the back seat side windows or both?
2. The back seat side windows look lighter than the back glass.
3. If they are different, does anyone know the % for the back and the % for the back seat side windows?

·
Registered
28 Posts
anyone know what to look for in a tinting company? I see so many bad tint jobs on the street (bubbling, weird colors, peeling, etc). I want to make sure I avoid these.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts