Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My front wipers have been intermittently, not working, then starting again of their own accord.
I can go for a couple of weeks trouble free, then half an hour of no wiper action, then a couple of days of no action, then back to working again.
Back wipers are fine, although I noticed when reversing the other day, the back wipers were going like the clappers and front ones not working at all.
Garage want to fir new motor at £500, but they haven't run any tests yet (the wipers were working the day I took it in to report problem).

I can't hear any whining or smell of smoke off the bonnet.

Any ideas guys?
Thanks in advance...

·
Super Moderator
3,196 Posts
I'm guessing you're in England. Any other electrical issue beyond the front and rear wipers? Are the washers working? Any work done just before this started? Year and miles will help to.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
Check the connectors going to the wiper motor. As what Rocky said anything was done before this happened? Odometer reading? Try this turn on the wiper with the key in the ON position turn the wiper switch to the fast position then gently whack the motor see if it runs. Let us know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rocky, am in Scotland :)
No other issues that I know of.
2009 and about 90,000 miles ish. It has been running like a dream!
Washers are working fine...

·
Registered
2 Posts
My front wipers just stopped working no noise or problems. Would have thought if the motor was on the way out there would be various issues /signs leading up to it failing. Had the fuse tested no problem there any suggestions would be appreciated

1 - 10 of 10 Posts