Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator - How may I help?
5,846 Posts
How difficult is it to set sensors in windshield to the factory setting when having windshield replaced by glass repair company
My windshield was replaced on my 18 Touring by Safelite, who also calibrated the sensors. Everything worked as before. However, Geico insurance covered any costs, and told me if Safelite couldn't do it, I should take it to a Honda dealer and they would reimburse me for any additional charges.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I have had my windshield replaced AT my Honda dealer by a third party - highly recommended glass installer.

Once the glass was replaced Honda did the alignment.

Had this done on a '16 Pilot as well. Easy to have the glass guy schedule with the dealer.

You might ask your dealer, if it not too far away, if they recommend anyone.

·
Registered
98 Posts
When I had the windshield replaced, Safelite said that they would have to take the car to the dealer to adjust the camera and sensors. I wanted single source responsibility so I took the car to the dealer for all the work. As I remember the cost for adjusting the sensor/camera was about $500. The dealer called it 'body work' and I had to get a revision for it to be paid by the insurance. I am not sure how you can tell if the camera is properly adjusted.
If I were you, I would let Safelite replace the windshield and have the dealer set the camera. It all would cost the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.