Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Please advise on which windshield wipers to buy for 2013 honda cr-v? I bought the certified cr-v on Feb 2016, and it was getting really hard to drive the car in the rain especially at night because of the water streak smeared by the wiper blades. Closer inspection showed both of the front wiper blades have a small tear on the top of the blades. I am absolutely novice in the matters of owning a car, so I am thinking replacing the wiper blades will help? Any suggestions as to which brands to buy and from where ? I have seen other posts where people mention OEM products, but wanted to know the part number for this particular 2013 CR-V model, as I mentioned I am really a rookie in these matters. Thanks in advance!!

·
Banned
806 Posts
Go to a local Honda dealer and ask them for wiper blade inserts. They will ask you what year your CR-V is and will be able to find the right ones for you. They may even show you how to put them on. They are extremely easy. I want to say that when I bought the both fronts and the back it was around $18 for the set. I can pay $18 and get just one wiper blade for my truck. The inserts are going to be the cheapest and work well. Just don't discard the wiper arms if you buy an aftermarket blade.

The wiper insert will just be the rubber piece. You will pull in one direction and the whole rubber piece will come out. There will be a thin piece of metal on both sides of the blade. Transfer those to the new one and push it back into the track. I pretty certain if you ask someone at the dealer parts counter will be more than happy to show you how to do it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
The blade insets are the way to go. I've tried some high quality after market blades and they just didn't swipe evenly across the windshield and were much more expensive.

·
Super Moderator
3,190 Posts
My experience is greater disappointment with inserts than Aftermarket blade. The metal strip bends too easily resulting in poor quality clearing.
Go to an auto parts store and get Bosch blades.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you.I was also wondering since it has been only 6 months I got the certified vehicle from the Honda dealer, probably its a good bet to go back to them and ask for help, rather than going solo and spending for non-OEM blades. However, there seems to be a difference in opinion as to what works best: OEM or other companies, as "Rocky" has replied below. I am just anxious if I'll bending the metal strips while inserting the rubbber inserts, hence was thinking if buying the wiper blade whole (will cost more) but lesser chance to mess up for a noobie like me!! Bosch icon blades seems to be the non OEM product of choice of CR-V owners when I checked Amazon. I stay in Los Alamos, NM, so the nearest Honda dealer is at Santa Fe (45-50 min drive), which is not exactly near !! Anyway, I have to make a call between the two options.

·
Banned
806 Posts
I have done numerous blade inserts on a handful of vehicles I have owned throughout the years and have never bent the metal strips in any blade change out.

·
Everything in Moderation
7,605 Posts
I've used OEM rubber inserts on several Hondas up to 14 years old. Never bent the stiffener strips in all that time. I think the inserts work the best for the money.

The metal strips ARE curved, though. Pay attention to how they come out, so you can put them back the same way. And, DON'T try to straighten them!

·
Registered
98 Posts
For my 2016 EX-L, I want to get wipers to use in the winter. I am looking at Rain-X Latitude vs Bosch Icon. Which ones are recommended? Is one of them better than the other at preventing build-up of snow or ice on the wiper itself? Is one of them better than the other at clearing the windshield, or adhering to the shape of the windshield?

·
Registered
137 Posts
".... I am looking at Rain-X Latitude vs Bosch Icon"

I used both on the driver side and liked both. For me, Bosch Icon lasted a bit longer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts