Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had to replace there windshield wipers yet for there 2017 CR-V? Had mine a couple of weeks and they are just garbage.
Went to Amazon and put in my Year, Make, Model and Looked at the Piaa Silicone ones as well as the Bosch Icons.
For some reason they Don't Fit!
Can anyone tell me as to why this might be?

Thanks-

·
Registered
857 Posts
Has anyone had to replace there windshield wipers yet for there 2017 CR-V? Had mine a couple of weeks and they are just garbage.
Went to Amazon and put in my Year, Make, Model and Looked at the Piaa Silicone ones as well as the Bosch Icons.
For some reason they Don't Fit!
Can anyone tell me as to why this might be?

Thanks-
Here's exactly what I ordered. My guess is that piaa hasn't updated their fit info for Amazon. Not sure about the Bosch.

Super easy install... good luck.

Not sure why pm isn't working...

PIAA 97043 Si-Tech Silicone Wiper Blade - 17" 430mm (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BT8DIC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_D1W7zb74FT34F

PIAA 97065 Si-Tech Silicone Wiper Blade - 26" 650mm (Pack of 1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004BT6N8Y/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_60W7zbMES0FZH

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
With the Gen 3 CR-V, I bought a different set of PIAA silicone blades in a traditional metal wiper blade frame, and they did not work--the curvature of the windshield does not permit these wipers to lie flat! What @mnestrud lists above is correct--the "beam" style wiper blades will conform to the glass just fine.

I put mine on last year, but I don't think the lifespan of the PIAA blades is all that good. Mine are already starting to show streaking, whereas other blades in the past lasted longer. However, I will not have any other blade but silicone now. They are the only type I have used in recent years, since rubber blades tend to last only six months, plus the blades take a "set" when they are parked and thus, skid across the window rather than clear it.

Just avoid Bosch anything. One of their spark plugs ruined the engine in our Civic when the insulator shattered inside the engine. I wouldn't even use their products if someone gave them to me free.

·
Registered
'18 CR-V Ex-L AWD & '13 CR-V Ex-L AWD
1,640 Posts
Just for kicks wipe the rubber windshield blades using a soft cotton rag with either windshield wiper fluid or alcohol. Just a couple of passes will remove crud and the wipers will perform like new again.

Of course if they are cracked and pitted then replacement is a must.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts