Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_20141218_111914.jpg IMG_20141218_112138.jpg
Dumped the WRG2 SUV's for the Nokian Nordman 5 SUV's.
The all weather were a big step above traditional all seasons, but still not suitable for extreme climates.
So I put these on Sakura :)

Hauskaa Joulua :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ooooh studs! Nice tires:) The people at Kal tire tried to interest me in the Nordman 5 and running it without studs and I considered it but decided on the true studdless R2 in the end. I hope they give you that safe almost invincible feeling you want in bad weather.

·
Registered
30 Posts
The wife bought a 2004 CRV-EX this past September for her "Winter Commuter" car. Put on 5 General Altimax Artic Snow tires. There's been very little snow so far this season so the real test on how well her CRV does is yet to occur. On Her previous car a '2003 Audi A4 Quattro she also ran these tires and that car was incredible in the snow.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Ooooh studs! Nice tires:) The people at Kal tire tried to interest me in the Nordman 5 and running it without studs and I considered it but decided on the true studdless R2 in the end. I hope they give you that safe almost invincible feeling you want in bad weather.
Smart move, a studable tire should really only be used with studs because the rubber is not as soft as a studless.
I'm surprised your Kal Tire tried that, my Kal has been great.

Only thing I don't like, they are made in Nokian's Russia plant..
But to be fair, not all Russians are bad ..

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The wife bought a 2004 CRV-EX this past September for her "Winter Commuter" car. Put on 5 General Altimax Artic Snow tires. There's been very little snow so far this season so the real test on how well her CRV does is yet to occur. On Her previous car a '2003 Audi A4 Quattro she also ran these tires and that car was incredible in the snow.
Those are really good tires too, German made I'm pretty sure..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Smart move, a studable tire should really only be used with studs because the rubber is not as soft as a studless.
I'm surprised your Kal Tire tried that, my Kal has been great.

Only thing I don't like, they are made in Nokian's Russia plant..
But to be fair, not all Russians are bad ..
Yes I was surprised when they said it could be used with or without studs and i knew the studdless tires were softer rubber. Our worst road conditions are in very cold temps.

Politics aside I can see why Nokian makes tires in Russia. Lower labour costs would be a big reason. Can you imagine the price being any higher? Russia is also probably one of the largest markets for winter tires and so being competitive in that market would be important. Look how few winter tires are sold in the US. Where else are you gonna sell winter tires?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
I hate winter, but I love my Toyo winter tires and AWD....

Love the fact that I can take off in a straight line from an intersection and look back at all the people sliding and spinning trying to get going.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My friend over there told me they are no longer manufacturing in Russia.. Like to see if that's true..
He's just shooting himself in the foot it seems, who knows whats truth in news now days though..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts