Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To all my local V owners in the area - stay warm! This storm is nice and the snow doesn't stop! I just read that thousands are out of power and even the National Guard has taken hundreds of stuck motorists off the road.

Best to stay indoors with some hot food and the internet! Be safe if you gotta drive...

·
Registered
5 Posts
We have had snow in North Yorkshire too, did n't seem that much but the wind had filled in some dips in the roads, keep warm :)

There is a small lake in the garage now under the car where the snow has thawed, doh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, I did not notice the mid atlantic above this thread, I was too busy reading all the winter tyre posts, hope the weather is not too bad over there, take care.
Nick

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snow!

No worries, I welcome any warm wishes during snow. Here's some photos of what I experienced. Roads are pretty much clear now. The forest photos are are foot as the parks closed and I had to find alternative ways in.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
A few more...

How could I leave out a picture of the V? I will add that for safety, since the snow was high, I drove over someone else's tracks. And I still got stuck. I could hear the snow scraping underneath the V and wouldn't suggest driving fresh into deep snow with the V. Awesome, though, to see things covered in snow.

Be safe and enjoy the snow!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dec 18, 2009 Snow storm

I am very pleased on how well My CRV handled the 21 inches of snow and ice on my trip through the mountain pass on US rt 77 south just off US 81. We came to a stop for 3.5 hours due to other drivers that could not drive under those conditions. Getting to the top of the mountain, I saw tractor trailers, cars and trucks not able to move. The little CRV drove through the tangled mess, and the 4wd didn't even kick in. We faced snow, slush and ice all the way to Charlotte, NC. Sometime at a blazing speed of 30 to 40 mph, but I made it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts