Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Winter tire's on V...now need snow...

Hi all,
I wound up having a set of Bridgestone Blizzak DM V2 installed today. I felt the price was very competitive and the install went well. We don't have any snow on the roads so can't evaluate them yet but they ride very nice. I drove them on the highway and cruised them at 80 for a couple of miles and they were just a tiny bit louder, or my imagination, than the Uni's.
Once I can test them in the snow I'll say more...until then thanks for the input Otto.

I've a 2012 V LX with 215/70/16 Uniroyal Laredo tires currently.
Living in Northern NY...Watertown area...we get lots of snow and cold...lake effect is fun...
A few inches of heavy, wet, slushy snow on Friday. The V was having trouble stopping...lots of anti going on...and slipping here and there...a bit surprising as I bought this car last March and drove it through a lot of snow and on snow covered dirt roads for snow shoeing fun with no problems. The tires have not worn at all, as far as I can see, since March.

·
Registered
3,170 Posts
The Bridgestone & the Michelins are good choices. Any one of them will be good choice. I would suggest go to Tire rack.com for reviews. As I know that Bridgestone Blizzaks has a few models. Good Hunting! Let me know what you decided to get.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks otto...,
I've read the reviews on TireRack...they generally all praise both tires with a few interesting bad reviews that seem very odd compared to the number of good reviews.
I've also read other reviews, Car&Driver, etc...which also praise the B's and the M's but more B's in general.
I'll update as I can.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Can't go wrong with the Blizzaks... Had them before and was happy with them. Certainly any good winter tire beats the pants off all-seasons. AWD and VSA are great to have but are no substitute for good traction. Happy (and safe) winter motoring :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts