Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In Canada. Installed winter tires on their own dedicated winter rims. Have been left without a wheel hub cover/wheel cover. Trying to avoid any rusting to the wheel hub. Has anyone else bought a wheel hub cover or a plastic wheel/rim cover? Wondering if I should just get a wheel hub cover or a whole wheel cover...

Picture:

Alloy wheel Tire Wheel Rim Automotive tire

·
Registered
222 Posts
Thanks Jim for this post. Im in the same situation and was going to ask the forum members the same questions today.

A wheel hub would be cheaper and will allow for better cleaning of the wheel when you go thru a wash.
A wheel cover will look better and protect the exterior side of the wheel better but it will cost more and could work as a trap for snow and salt and make cleaning the wheel harder.

Chinook

·
Registered
392 Posts
I bought wheel covers, some Honda center hub stickers and put them on my Michelin x-ice. Looks pretty good IMHO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Grooves on michelin xice looks narrow- Other winters tires are much wider just wondering if it provides good traction in snow- contemplating which One I should get.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Fashion accessory Jewellery Metal Ring

Purchased a few metal plugs from electrical section of Home Depot several years back for my TSX, bent the prongs a bit, painted them glossy tremclad black and they fit over the hubs of the steelies nicely

·
Registered
502 Posts
Here is the wheel, (used for more than 10 winters and touched up periodically with black glossy tremclad paint); seriously if I end up with a CRV, based on my past experiences with my wife’s XTrail it will run on Nokian all weathers and the OEM tires will be sold. No changeovers would be needed for that vehicle. Unsure if there is a nut on the rear wheel of the CRV that this plug may not cover, but check out local hardware store for something like this, even if just a black plastic hub cover. I did go the cheap plastic wheel cover route many years back but found these just did not last and cracked after a couple years.
. Tire Wheel Automotive tire Alloy wheel Rim

1 - 6 of 6 Posts