Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
The national standard for tires, at the wear-bars, I think is 3/32. In Co, the tire-wear law is 5/32. So, they are not in all that great of a shape, as far as that goes. There is 1/16" of tread left...for a snow tire. For a summer tire, I wouldn't worry about it.

I don't know the answer to that question. But, you could possibbly put on of each on the front and one on the back.

On my Camry, I just swapped them side to side, in front, as there was at least, 1/16" dif between the two sides. I bought the tires at the same time. I assume that the dif was caused by the tire w/less tread being the "Power" wheel (it is the one, all things being equal, that will ALWAYS spin first, on a slippery surface).

Does you manual talk about this?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Tread depths shows wear, but not too far apart. Make sure the tires with similar depth are on the same axle. The tires with the most tread remaining should be on the front.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
Tread depths shows wear, but not too far apart. Make sure the tires with similar depth are on the same axle. The tires with the most tread remaining should be on the front.
I agree, I would run them. New they have 12/32 tread so two are virtually new and and sell for $155 ea at Tire Rack.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts