Honda CR-V Owners Club Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in seeing what other members' setup is like for tires. I am thinking of getting new winter tires for our 2014 EX-L AWD, and it seems pointless to me to only get the tires and not the wheels (and also the TPM sensors) because I will keep spending all the money in mounting and re balancing if I went tires only route. So I will keep the stock (for now) tires and wheels as my "normal" setup, and buy wheels, tires, and sensors as my winter setup.

A question I have with the winter setup, do I still have to visit Honda dealership everytime I need to "re program" my TPM sensors, given that I will have two sets of them? That would be a bummer, but if it has to be done I guess there is no way around it.

I am also looking for any suggestions on wheels and tires. The CR-V is black on black and these wheels are what I am thinking:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWheelSearchServlet?nonWinter=true&partNum=MR11878012745B&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=CR-V+EX-L&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=AWD&wIndex=253&grid=true&sw=1920

But so far clueless about the winter tires. I am sure going through posts here, and looking it up on tirerack I will get some good choices from which to select -- if anyone specifically has anything to say (good/bad) about their winter tires, I would love to hear it.

Anyone have comments on my proposed setup?

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I am interested in seeing what other members' setup is like for tires. I am thinking of getting new winter tires for our 2014 EX-L AWD, and it seems pointless to me to only get the tires and not the wheels (and also the TPM sensors) because I will keep spending all the money in mounting and re balancing if I went tires only route. So I will keep the stock (for now) tires and wheels as my "normal" setup, and buy wheels, tires, and sensors as my winter setup.

A question I have with the winter setup, do I still have to visit Honda dealership everytime I need to "re program" my TPM sensors, given that I will have two sets of them? That would be a bummer, but if it has to be done I guess there is no way around it.

I am also looking for any suggestions on wheels and tires. The CR-V is black on black and these wheels are what I am thinking:

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/MiniWheelSearchServlet?nonWinter=true&partNum=MR11878012745B&autoMake=Honda&autoModel=CR-V+EX-L&autoYear=2014&autoModClar=AWD&wIndex=253&grid=true&sw=1920

But so far clueless about the winter tires. I am sure going through posts here, and looking it up on tirerack I will get some good choices from which to select -- if anyone specifically has anything to say (good/bad) about their winter tires, I would love to hear it.

Anyone have comments on my proposed setup?
I like the design of the wheel, I don't care for black though, the design gets lost being so dark.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Starting with the 2014s Honda eliminated tpms sensors on the wheel the tpms now uses the abs sensors to determine if a tire is losing pressure.
Thank God!

As for winter tires, I thought I was getting BFG winter slalom's but there are none available in my size. Michelin X ice were on a waiting list and so I had to settle for nokian hakkapellita R2 SUV's. Hope I survive lol!

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
2014s do not use TPMS sensors.
Finally Honda got it right! Even my 2007 Honda Ridgeline didn't need to be reprogrammed every year.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts