• Other (please indicate)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need to replace all of the wiper blades on my 2012 CR-V, which includes the driver, passenger, and tailgate.

From what I've read, it seems like the biggest problem for CR-V owners is that the 26" blade is really long. Some wiper designs simply don't do a very good job of keeping the entire blade flush against the CR-V's curved windshield. Plus, I've discovered that a lot of manufacturer's don't offer an option for the tailgate, so I may end up having to mix brands.

I'm close to making a choice, but I'd like to find out which brands other CR-V owners prefer. Please feel free to elaborate on brands that you really like or even those that you really hate. :)

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Laugh if you want, but I buy mine 2” shorter, because of the heavier snow we get here. It just makes it easier on the wiper motor, moving all that snow, and hard rain. I’ll use anything for the rear, as it seems fine whatever is available.

I use Bosch, but don’t remember which model...

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Laugh if you want, but I buy mine 2” shorter, because of the heavier snow we get here. It just makes it easier on the wiper motor, moving all that snow, and hard rain. I’ll use anything for the rear, as it seems fine whatever is available.

I use Bosch, but don’t remember which model...
Hey, if a 2" shorter blade works for you that's great! Plus, you'll avoid the blade hitting the edge of the windshield frame. :)

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Just go get the inserts from Honda (it should cost like $12) and it will only take about 10 minutes to do yourself.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Too late for you, but if others are reading this: What Coastie05 said. Honda refills. Easiest, cheapest, best.

Buy them at my dealer, they put them on for free. Takes them less time than it takes you to pay for them.

·
Registered
515 Posts
I've tried two different wiper types, forgot which ones, and neither 26" blade cleared the rain well. I got the Honda OEM refills and they work great...and cost less...
I've also used a 2" shorter blade for the winter and finds it works well.

·
Registered
2,256 Posts
Rockauto.com.

I believe the Bosch Icons last time I bought with discount came to under $15.00 shipped for the pair.

Rickman, thats a great idea for in the snow honestly. Im sure it saves the motor and bushings in the linkages.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've had Goodyear wipers that I've purchased from Costco for two years in a row. I returned the first set and I'm returning the latest set. The large blade does not stay down on the window surface for the entire sweep. It leaves an area about 4" wide and 3" tall right in front of my face.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've had Goodyear wipers that I've purchased from Costco for two years in a row. I returned the first set and I'm returning the latest set. The large blade does not stay down on the window surface for the entire sweep. It leaves an area about 4" wide and 3" tall right in front of my face.
Yeah, I agree. The Goodyear blades are crap. In the end, I decided to go with the Bosch ICON blades, which have received rave reviews from CR-V owners on amazon.com. I've yet to install them, but rest assured I'll update this thread once I've had an opportunity to try them out.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Goodyear ones from Costco. I find it more helpful to have rain repellent which makes a huge difference. For that I prefer Aquapel as it last a lot longer than Rain-X.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've replaced my OEM blades with Bosch Icons back in February (just in time for the heavy spring rain the DC area has been receiving). These are by far better than RainX or Michelin blades; I've used both on my other cars. If you clean your blades at least once a month, they will work very well for you with no streaks or noise.

I've found that while OEM blades work well, they dont last as long as those from other brands.

I'd also recommend claying your windshield periodically.

·
Administrator
3,343 Posts
Big fan of Bosch blades. Never been able to get inserts to work as well.
Amazed at the difference in blade length on 16s

·
Registered
67 Posts
You HAVE to look at this review. Very revealing.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I need to replace all of the wiper blades on my 2012 CR-V, which includes the driver, passenger, and tailgate.

From what I've read, it seems like the biggest problem for CR-V owners is that the 26" blade is really long. Some wiper designs simply don't do a very good job of keeping the entire blade flush against the CR-V's curved windshield. Plus, I've discovered that a lot of manufacturer's don't offer an option for the tailgate, so I may end up having to mix brands.

I'm close to making a choice, but I'd like to find out which brands other CR-V owners prefer. Please feel free to elaborate on brands that you really like or even those that you really hate. :)
Get the OEM from the dealer, you don't have to replace all the wiper blades to get the rubber strip. I was replacing them almost yearly, because I love a clear windshield. I started using the Orange Rain-x Bug remover at Walmart and the blades last for years. I never have to clean the windshield anymore. I thought this was an exaggeration when I was first told, but I tossed an extra buck at the wiper fluid because it's difficult to clean the windshield if you are short or don't want to be on a ladder. Try it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts